The Executive Director has the opportunity to significantly impact the mission, vision, growth and success of A Kid Again. This position is responsible for leading the development efforts of the Chapter and will have the spirit and drive to optimize the revenues derived from individual, corporate and foundation contributions (grants).
The role will oversee the entire life cycle of philanthropic giving from prospect research, cultivation, and solicitation, securing the gifts, stewardship, information management and any other related actions. Additionally, the Executive Director will guide the marketing and communications efforts of the Chapter to raise awareness with a diverse audience of stakeholders, protect and leverage the brand, and attract donors to support the growing base of families and children who benefit from the services provided.
The Executive Director reports to the CEO.
- Formulate and lead development strategies for the chapter.
- Actively develop and maintain a working portfolio of prospects and donors.
- Coordinate new Donor identification, initial contact, and relationship development.
- Provide leadership to maximize website fundraising tools for the Chapter.
- Evaluates development objectives results and work toward best practices, as appropriate.
- Appropriately steward supporting networks (i.e. board and long-term friends, etc.) of A Kid Again.
Donor Relationship Management
- Participate and oversee prospect and donor relationship cultivation and management.
- Manage a donor tracking, database and mailing list for the Chapter utilizing corporate software.
- Assure data integrity related to development activities.
- Develop and document strategies for maintaining relationships with various donor groups (i.e. young professionals, families, traditional base, etc.).
- Contribute to strategy for social media development for donor development.
Marketing and Communication
- Coordinate the publication of Chapter newsletters, annual report and other promotional items with other Chapters.
- Develop and oversee social media communication and strategy for the Chapter.
- Oversee A Kid Again’s web site, in conjunction with the CEO to assure consistent message and brand presented for all Chapters.
- Assure consistency and continuity for all communication utilized to promote special events.
- Identify family and corporate foundations in whose scope of support aligns with A Kid Again’s mission.
- Develop target foundation list for relationship development.
- Develop advocacy strategy for A Kid Again with foundations and partner to execute the strategy.
- Develop a grant application timeline for opportunities and execute the application process as defined.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with Board Members
- Work closely with the Advisory Board to maximize support and leadership for the Chapter
- Encourage and support Board member recruitment
- Establish annual goals and objectives for the Board, the Chapter and the staff with the Board members
- Coordinate monthly Board and Committee meetings
- Prepare and submit annual budgets to the Chapter Advisory Board and National Office.
- Responsible for Chapter revenue and expense as set forth in the budget.
- Perform administrative tasks and human resource functions for local staff that do not fall under the auspices of the home office.
- Prepare and submit required reports to the National Office on a timely basis.
- Management of staff including planning and execution of responsibilities
- Complete staff annual reviews.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships internally with personnel in other chapters.
- Serve as a member of the key leadership team for A Kid Again, Inc.
- Participate in educational opportunities to continue to develop skill and knowledge on fundraising and grant writing techniques and strategies.
- Meet agreed upon goals for chapter and organization.
- Maintain appropriate donor confidentiality of information gathered by the organization.
- Lead and execute at least one internal fundraising event annually
- Support and oversee Adventure planning and execution, meeting the national guidelines for Adventures
- Other duties as assigned
Characteristics & Attributes
- Passionate dynamic leader
- Collaborative and resourceful
- Strategic and genuine relationship building skills
- Confident and skilled presenter
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Likable and approachable
- High initiative; high energy
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High performance team player
- Inspirational with an ability to “tell the A Kid Again” story
- Appropriate sense of urgency and discipline to follow up and through
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience required.
- Strong development and executive director leadership demonstrated by 5+ years’ experience in non-profit organizations
- CFRE certification a plus
- Excellent computer skills including email, word processing, database, social media and spreadsheet programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Successful work history in development, operations and/or marketing
- Strong working knowledge of current donor software applications
Interested candidates please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The preceding job description has been written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
A Kid Again, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.