Company / Organization
Middletown Community Foundation
Middletown Community FoundationThe Middletown Community Foundation (MCF), which serves five communities in southwestern Ohio, is seeking a dynamic, self-starter with outstanding management, communication, financial, fundraising and interpersonal skills to lead our dynamic community foundation toward greater success.The Executive Director is the key management leader of MCF and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1. Board Governance Responsibilities:
- Works with board to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading MCF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions. Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
2. The Position:
The Executive Director is responsible for implementing the policies and directives of the Board of Trustees and the overall administration and management of the Foundation, which includes grant making and community leadership, asset development and marketing, and business operations. The Executive Director develops and implements the Foundation’s fundraising activities including identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations; and oversees major fundraising campaigns and planned giving efforts. He or she has the responsibility of ensuring that the Foundation accomplishes its goals and objectives. This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position, hired by and directly accountable to the Board of Trustees. The Executive Director currently oversees a staff of three full-time employees and leads with the help of Board committees – Finance, Marketing and Development, Distribution and ad hoc committees appointed by the Board chair.
3. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years of foundation experience
- Significant management experience
- Strong fiscal, financial and investment skills, including fiduciary oversight experience
- Demonstrated face-to-face fundraising success and stewardship of donors’ experience
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- A passion for philanthropy and community
4. The Foundation:
According to a recent study, the Middletown Community Foundation was the No. 1 most active community foundation in Ohio, which has 80 community foundations; the No. 21 most active foundation in the United States, which has more than 750 community foundations; and was ranked for the first year ever in the top 100 for per capita giving, at No. 59, with approximately $44 in gifts received per resident it serves in its communities.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A complete description of the position can be found at www.mcfoundation.org.
Please email resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.