Junior Achievement is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and resourceful event coordinator to join our team. This is a full-time position offering health insurance, a 401 (k) retirement plan, and other benefits. The work schedule is flexible to accommodate the requirements of the duties.
As an events coordinator at Junior Achievement, you will lead the management of 5-6 fundraising events held annually in the Butler County and Dayton regions. You will be part of a team that conducts all of the organization’s special events throughout southwest Ohio and northern Kentucky. Events include sporting clay tournaments, golf outings, a recognition dinner, and a slate of small peer to peer fundraising events held by our corporate partners for their workforce. You will also help recruit corporate exhibitors for our Inspire career expo.
Our events have established planning committees made up of volunteers to help you design the event and achieve the goal. You will also have the resources of our staff to help with the development of promotional material and event logistics.
The right candidate will be well-organized and have some experience in special event management, have an outgoing and positive attitude, be comfortable with interacting with volunteers, have excellent writing and communication skills, pay attention to detail, and demonstrate good time management.
This position reports to the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the achievement of fundraising goals through specific special events.
- Coordinate with JA senior staff to set event goals and create and manage the event budget.
- Manage, maintain and build your event committees to continuously improve the quality and success of each event.
- Work with various venues and suppliers to negotiate the most favorable terms. Manage associated contracts, payments and deliverables.
- Work with Senior Leadership and volunteers to solicit sponsors and in-kind donations, and manage sponsor recognition commitments.
- Work with our design and communications professionals to create and distribute invitations and promotional materials.
- Work with our IT staff to activate and maintain the online invitation process and registration.
- Manage all event operations (set venue, check in, schedule of activities, food, drinks, gift bags, volunteers, etc.)
- Manage and grow relationships with our corporate peer to peer events coordinators while encouraging and supporting them as they recruit co-workers to participate in these events.
- Provide JA presence at corporate peer to peer events.
- Recruit corporate partners to participate in our Inspire Career expo.
- Promote events and post on social media platforms. FB, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Requirements and qualification
- A 1-3 year record of planning successful events that met or exceeded goals.
- Experience with Constant Contact, Q-Give, Publisher, Power Point, Canva and Social media preferred.
- Candidate should possess a strong work ethic and be willing to work occasional evenings.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and transportation required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
- Candidate should be able lift up to 20 lbs and be willing to transport materials to event venues.
Salary Range: $38,000 – $42,000
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org