Ohio Valley Voices is currently seeking an experienced Event Coordinator.
Ohio Valley Voices is an early intervention program that teaches children with hearing loss to listen and talk through the use of hearing aids and cochlear implants. We believe that all children have the right to reach their fullest potential, and it is our mission to provide every child that is entrusted to us with a language-enriched environment and the tools to talk so they can have the brightest possible future.
The Event Coordinator will manage our events as well as our marketing and social media, overseeing all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events, as well as our annual campaign.
A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously. Responsibilities for the Event Coordinator include meeting and planning with committee volunteers.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the management and implementation of fundraising events at Ohio Valley Voices
- Develop event plans and budgets; be accountable for monthly tracking and reporting on revenue and expenses for the events
- Stay within budget of the event
- Oversee the management of sponsorship for special events. Responsible for solicitation of, record keeping, tracking, and follow-up of sponsors
- Coordinate and manage all marketing and public awareness efforts, including social media, for Ohio Valley Voices
- Oversee the management of auctions
- Responsible for solicitation of items, record keeping, data entry, item tracking, bid sheets, displays, and auction close-out
- Supervises and Manages event volunteers
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to volunteers
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Analyze an event’s success and prepare reports
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Carrie Krach, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.