The Engagement & Stewardship Officer helps to plan, guide and direct strategies to increase individual and corporate donor gifts and tracks all results. The Officer will work closely with the Development Director to manage a portfolio of prospects primarily at the level of $1,500 and higher and actively engage in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts and sponsorships.
This is a full-time salaried position and requires a flexible schedule for regular office hours as well as additional evening hours to support and attend Museum related programs and events, philanthropic, and other donor related cultivation activities.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing a membership and/or annual fund program desired
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated sales and/or fundraising experience in a small to medium size organization, preferably in a non-profit and/or arts related organization
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiastic and engaging personality that exudes a charismatic and engaging image to the public – able to communicate sensitively and effectively to diverse audiences fostering goodwill among the museum’s many members and guests and recognizes the dynamics involved in working with board members, donors, and current and prospective vendors; media contacts, and the city’s social, business and civic leaders and organizations.
- Innovative thinker who can perform well in a changing work environment and passionate about being a member of a team that is developing new art initiatives with a strong visitor-centered community dynamic.
- Exemplary written communication, planning and research skills.
- Excellent project management skills – able to plan and organize multiple projects, prioritize duties, meet deadlines and work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Many events are on weekends and evenings. Work schedule may vary to accommodate special events schedule.
This job listing will remain open until the first interview phase is complete or until a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter including salary requirements and resume. CLICK HERE to apply. Please note that incomplete application materials may not receive full consideration for the position.