The primary objective of this position is to support the role of development to further the mission of Children, Inc. maximizing financial gifts by seeking private contributions and nurturing an environment that attracts and is conducive to donor care and planned giving.
The Donor Relations Manager works with the Senior Director of Development (SDOD) to create and direct the department’s priorities and strategies with the goals of increasing visibility, increasing donor retention, and increasing funding/donors. The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for elevating a well-coordinated giving program designated to cultivate and solicit support from individuals, foundations and corporations. The Donor Relations Manager works closely with the SDOD, CEO, Board of Directors, staff, and other volunteers to strengthen existing relationships and establish new relationships with individual donors. The Donor Relations Manager will also work with the SDOD to improve the department’s processes and procedures with a goal of improving donor acknowledgment, stewardship, cultivation and retention.
Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence and juggle various projects at once, while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Development, develop and implement a well-coordinated individual giving program designed to cultivate and solicit support from a portfolio of individuals, foundations and corporations through the use of multiple channels and strategic touchpoints.
- Identify, develop, cultivate, and steward relationships with existing and prospective individual donors.
- Grow the network and awareness of Children, Inc.’s brand and work throughout the region.
- Support the execution of major gift and capital campaign giving by crafting proposals, writing presentations, developing stewardship visits, supporting volunteers and committees, and managing logistics.
- Ensure that individual donor strategies are integrated into appropriate communications and marketing channels and tools (i.e., website, newsletters, annual reports, etc.).
- In collaboration with other team members, manage the planning and execution of all mail and email appeal campaigns.
- Develop relationships with volunteers and ambassadors and support their efforts to raise awareness and resources for the organization through training, coaching, and other support.
- Lead or support the planning and execution of fundraising events such as house receptions, point-of-entry tours, fundraisers, and galas.
- Lead or support the development of communication tools for fundraising events (i.e., talking points, scripts, presentations, videos, testimonies, etc.) and individual donor solicitation and stewardship (i.e., agendas, talking points, presentations, proposals, testimonies, etc.).
- Oversee the development, management, and implementation of an individual donor recognition plan including the timely acknowledgement and follow-up for all individual donors and prospects.
- Manage the implementation of our planned giving program by supporting relationship managers with planned giving prospects.
To apply for this job email your information to email@example.com.