Job title: Donor Advancement Officer
Organization: Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Responsible for identifying, engaging, cultivating donors to securing major gifts to further Clovernook’s mission.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve annual revenue goal by developing relationships with a portfolio of donors/prospects.
- Develop and follow donor management plans.
- Cultivate existing donors and identify new donors with an overall outcome of securing new, recurring and increased donations. Tactics will include preparation of materials personalized to each donor, face-to-face meetings, phone conversations, touch points throughout the year and more.
- Work alongside the VP of Fund Development & Community Relations to ensure donors are connected to the organization, rather than to a specific staff person.
- When appropriate, work in conjunction with the VP of Fund Development & Community Relations, Board Members, Volunteers, the Executive Team and other individuals as appropriate to secure gifts.
- Identify planned giving prospects and work with the aforementioned staff or volunteers to increase enrollment in the Trader Society.
- Research potential funding sources (individual donors, corporations, foundations, etc.) via the internet, directories, phone, professional literature and other resources.
- Inter-face with all departments’ staff to gain knowledge of programs/services for which funds are being sought.
- As necessary, assist in grant proposals including the writing and gathering of all the required information.
- Ensure that all fundraising practices comply with accounting standards and the code of ethics of AFP and established Clovernook policies and procedures.
- Enter all cultivation (notes, proposals, etc.) in to Raisers Edge on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in fundraising, development, donor cultivation or sales required.
- Excellent communications skills; must be able to effectively communicate Clovernook’s mission via phone, in person and in writing.
- Frequent travel within the Tri-State area – must have ability to travel outside of the area as well.
- Proficient P/C skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Proficient in Raisers Edge a plus.
- Post-offer, pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.
Interested candidates please apply online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=clovernook&jobId=125324&lang=en_US&source=CC2