The University of Cincinnati Foundation is responsible for the fund-raising activities benefiting the University of Cincinnati. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of Advancement Services, the Director of Philanthropic Data Management is responsible for supervising assigned staff on all gift processing, to include executing established policies and procedures for successful recording, maintenance, receipting, and biographical data collection. Additionally, the Director works to develop and implement annual data management strategies to ensure demographic information in the database is as accurate as possible. The Director of Philanthropic Data Management works closely with the peer position of Director of Constituent Records.
- Lead and participate in the accurate processing and entry of all UC/UCF gifts
- Responsible for the maintenance of policy and procedure as directed by Senior Director
- Develop and maintain data entry standards and protocols
- Interface with foundation staff regarding gift details
- Participate in the implementation and upgrade of fundraising databases
- Ensure accurate information is obtained and maintained
- Work with Senior Director and the entirety of the Advancement Services team to create and execute Campus Data plans – making Blackbaud CRM the ultimate source of truth for Alumni information.
- Participate in project intake meetings to ensure that the department proactively plans for data capture for fundraising initiatives.
- Partner with Finance to create the best workflow possible in regards to sharing and reconciling data.
- Monitor progress of records management
- Develop metrics and measurements for individual staff members
- Participate in fundraising database super user group
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience, or advanced degree with 3-5 years of experience required.
- Experience administering a gift management process is required.
- Knowledge of CASE and IRS standards is required.
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM is highly desirable.
- An all-around good attitude, a sense of humor and an inner drive to make processes easier and better are all musts.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and data governance in the field of Advancement Services and philanthropy is strongly preferred
- Strong functional knowledge of the technologies driving enterprise fundraising software transformation
- Fearlessness to question everything in the pursuit to find a better way; willingness to question assumptions defining current business practices
- Experience working in a higher education environment preferred
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, project management skills, and effective communication and documentation skills
- Must possess strong technical writing skills
- Must possess strong Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
Interested candidates, please apply online by CLICKING HERE.