The University of Cincinnati serves the people of Ohio, the nation, and the world as a premier public research university dedicated to undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, experience-based learning, and research. The University of Cincinnati Foundation (UCF) is the private sector fund-raising entity for the University of Cincinnati and its campuses, colleges, departments and units. Employment at UCF provides a perfect match for those individuals who strive to be difference makers and are willing to go above and beyond to play a vital role in enhancing the quality of life for our community and beyond.
We are currently seeking a Director of Gift Planning to join our dynamic team. The Director of Gift Planning holds primary responsibility for gifts of estates, trusts, and various other and financial venues that reflect financial planning and deferred giving opportunities. The Director of Gift Planning serves as fundraising liaison to several University areas and UC Health and prepares written materials, including working with donors on deferred and planned gifts such as trusts, charitable annuities, life insurance, wills, and IRA charitable rollovers.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience, or advanced degree with 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience in raising funds through outright and deferred giving; proven ability to manage prospects, generate high-level strategies for cultivation and solicitation of prospects, supervise volunteers, and establish goals; strong attention to detail, interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills; and the ability to travel and attend College functions during and after normal business hours are required.
- A proven fundraising track record and detailed in-depth knowledge of gift planning and its complexities including estate planning, tax laws, wills, trusts, etc.
- Research and analyze large groups of data to uncover planned giving prospects
- A familiarity with tax, legal, and financial concepts and strategies involved in estate and philanthropic planning.
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Previous experience working at an institution of higher education preferred.
Exceptional candidates should view full position description and apply online at:
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V.