This position will play a vital role in cultivating and stewarding key donors and prospects to continue and further support of Northern Kentucky University through planned giving vehicles. The Director of Gift Planning will serve as a front line fundraiser. He/She will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual prospects with the capacity and interest in an estate gift or other gift vehicles to benefit NKU.
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual prospects with the capacity and interest in an estate gift or other gift vehicles to benefit NKU. He/She will develop gift-planning strategies for current and new prospects. He/She will be expected to collaborate regularly with university leadership, foundation board volunteers, and other fundraising staff to implement those strategies.
- Cultivate relationships with attorneys, trust officers, accountants, financial planners and other estate planning professionals regarding gift opportunities for clients. Develop and engage a volunteer group of advocates from the above industries. Provide material for their use, exchange up-to-date information on best practices, request help in obtaining referrals and discuss donor interests.
- He/She will be expected to maintain expert knowledge of specific charitable giving vehicles. He/She will need to provide training and consultation for fundraisers across the organization.
- Maintain accuracy of contact reports and gift conversations into Raiser’s Edge. Manage PG Calc, and other gift planning contracts like EDS.
- Planned Giving in higher education experience
- Experience with tax law or estate planning preferable
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others and work well in a team
- Good decision-making skills
- Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience
Application Link: http://jobs.nku.edu/postings/6840