Job title: Director of Foundation Relations
Organization: The University of Cincinnati Foundation
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Director of Foundation Relations is responsible for the organization of the processes related to submitting grant applications and proposals to local and national foundations, initiating and maintaining relationships with local and national foundation program officers and directors and serving the college development officers and faculty in support of university programs.
- Develop guidelines and internal reporting mechanisms to monitor the submission of proposals for university programs and projects
- Manage the distribution and completion of Request for Corporate & Foundation (CFR) Support forms to ensure consistency between activities of college development officers and the fundraising priorities of their respective academic leaders
- Consult with other development professionals, faculty, and staff with respect to funding needs and opportunities
- Collaborate with development staff and faculty to create and submit persuasive proposal packages to increase fundraising success from private foundations, corporate foundations and corporations
- Manage proposal preparation, submission and reporting process to meet deadlines
- Meet with representatives of grant making foundations and develop relationships to the university and serve as a liaison between development directors, faculty and research department
- Manage and evaluate development assigned staff and assure professional development experiences and opportunities to enable staff to enhance their skills.
- Serve as central clearinghouse to avoid unwanted, multiple, or simultaneous solicitations to assigned foundations
- Represent Corporation and Foundation Relations department, as needed
- Transition the team effectively throughout the fiscal year by gaining intimate knowledge on the policies, procedures, relationships and strategies of the UC Foundation and CFR team.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of development, foundation relations, corporation relations or related relevant experience, or advanced degree with 3-5 years of experience.
- Candidates should possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be at ease in interpersonal relationships.
- Candidates should possess the ability to build and sustain good relationships and effectively collaborate with donors, colleagues, volunteers, college personnel and other constituencies in a professional and timely manner.
- Candidates should possess a high-level of initiative, strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet multiple, competing deadlines.
- Candidates must be willing to travel, as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
Interested candidates apply online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f872905d-03e0-43e2-af9b-a688c9798169&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=286529&source=CC2&lang=en_US