Job Summary: Job ID: 4946 – Unclassified – FT (Salary)
Designs and implements a comprehensive donor relations program aimed to strengthen relationships with donors at all levels of giving. The Director will provide management and oversight to donor relations activities, including the following areas of responsibility: gift acknowledgments, impact reports, customized stewardship and engagement plans, lifetime giving societies, donor recognition and campus naming, and engagement and communications plans for high priority donor segments, among other duties as assigned. The Director works closely with the Director of University Advancement Administration, the Director of Compliance and Gift Processing, the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement, and development staff to advance the culture of philanthropy across the university and assist University Advancement in reaching its fundraising goals. The position reports to the Senior Director of University Advancement Administration.
- Hire a donor relations team and lead the team in the strategic planning, coordination, and implementation of a holistic donor relations program to provide donors with purposeful and satisfying interactions that foster long-term engagement and investment.
- Oversee the execution of an efficient and timely gift acknowledgment process that ensures all donors are thanked in an appropriate, consistent, and meaningful way.
- Manage the creation of impact reports and other donor communications to educate, engage, inspire, and thank donors for their generosity.
- Collaborate with development staff to create individual stewardship plans for select, high-priority donors and prospects and assist with the execution of highly-personalized, strategic engagement opportunities.
- Supervise programs, recognition events, and communication plans for lifetime giving societies and other high-priority donor segments.
- Develop tools and processes to support development staff and academic partners in campus-wide donor relations activities, including gift reporting and acknowledgments, impact reporting, donor recognition, and naming opportunities, and advocate for the implementation of best practices and emerging trends in donor relations.
- Create metrics for assessing the effectiveness of donor relations activities, and implement a continuous improvement process to conduct ongoing analyses of existing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in donor relations and stewardship. Professional and highly skilled oral and written communications are essential.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and build consensus among colleagues with diverse points of view.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and techniques around gift stewardship, including gift use compliance issues.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.
To apply, please visit: https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=4946&job=dir-of-donor-relations