Join a dedicated, high-energy team of professionals at The Christ Hospital Foundation. In this newly created position you will maximize donor participation and giving to support the vision and operations at The Christ Hospital Health Network- founded in compassion driven by excellence.
This position will be located in The Christ Hospital Foundation department, 2123 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.
Job Overview: The Director of Development is a public-facing position that is responsible for planning, building, implementing and evaluating a TICKETED EVENTS program based on specific and targeted goals to support The Christ Hospital Health Network. This role adds value by attracting new donors, broadening geographic reach and enhancing diversity of donors while adopting best practices and other proven ideas to increase the reach and potential impact of The Christ Hospital Foundation. This position must have strong organizational, communication, administrative, problem solving and analytical skills. Must have the ability to interact with donors at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and confident. Must have the professionalism, diplomacy and savvy to build relationships with all current and potential constituents.
The Director of Development-Ticketed Events may perform the following duties:
- This is a front-line fund development position to maximize the revenue stream from ticketed events and sponsorships with financial goals and performance-based evaluation.
- Goals will be based on dollars raised.
- Solicit individuals and corporations to obtain major gift event sponsorship.
- Add value to existing ticketed events by creatively adopting best practices from events around the United States.
- Develop creative approaches to attract new donors, broaden the geographic reach, attract multiple generations of donors, enhance the diversity of donors, and reach out to individuals with philanthropic interests who have no prior donor history with The Christ Hospital Health Network.
- Maintain an active schedule of personal visits to potential donors relative to sponsorships, committee meetings, and event planning.
- Recruit, guide and support a cadre of volunteers to be involved in events.
- Provide event reports and analysis for each event that will allow for the objective assessment and the revised plan for future events.
- Develop and/or implement—and in some cases implement– a publicity plan for ticketed events.
- Become known to major donors, business leaders, physician leaders and community leaders in the greater Cincinnati region.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
License & Certification: CFRE certification is preferred.
Experience: 5-8 years in fund development; 4 years in events.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Possess a contemporary knowledge of advanced techniques and methods, including the innovative use of technology to enhance the experience and to facilitate donations.
- Possess a strong understanding and use of metrics for ticketed events.
- Possess the analytical and organizational skill required to evaluate events, conceive of and implement new events.
- Professional track record of success and proven ability to secure five and six-figure philanthropic gifts.
- Creative, progressive, and forward thinking; open to new ideas and new ways of achieving objectives.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, one-on-one, listening and public speaking skills.
- Possess a positive outlook, high-energy, can-do attitude. Recognize the contribution of others in the organization and work well with a team of high performers.
Interested candidates, please apply online https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/christhospital/#/job/8889