Join a high-energy and close-knit team at The Christ Hospital Foundation in a newly created position to generate philanthropic gifts for areas such as patient care, patients-in-need, innovative treatment, and state-of-the-art research. Be part of the team that helps provide the “margin of excellence” that Cincinnatians have come to expect from the region’s most preferred hospital.
This position is located on the main hospital campus in Mt. Auburn, 2123 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.
Job Overview: This is an ideal position for an entrepreneur who wants to build a new PLANNED GIVING program and a pipeline of future gifts to support The Christ Hospital Health Network. This role adds value by attracting new donors, broadening geographic reach and enhancing diversity of donors while adopting best practices and other proven ideas.
The Director of Development-Planned Gifts should be ready to:
- Plan, build, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive planned giving program.
- Build, cultivate and maintain a professional network of advisors from local firms of financial planning, law, and accounting. Educate those advisors to the benefits of charitable giving to The Christ Hospital.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward planned gifts from a personal portfolio of existing donors.
- Maintain an active schedule of personal visits.
- Design, build and manage a Legacy Society for donors.
- Work collaboratively with major gift officers and other development staff.
- Perform as a front-line development position with goals and performance-based evaluation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
License & Certification: CFRE certification preferred.
Experience: 8-10 years in fund development; minimum of 5 years demonstrated success raising planned gifts from individuals face-to-face.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Possess a contemporary knowledge of planned gift techniques and methods, including the innovative use of technology to enhance the experience and to facilitate donations.
- Possess a strong understanding and use of metrics for planned giving.
- Professional track record of success and proven ability to secure planned gifts.
- Creative, progressive, and forward thinking; open to new ideas and new ways of achieving objectives.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, one-on-one, listening and public speaking.
- Possess a positive outlook, high-energy, can-do attitude. Recognize the contributions of others in the organization and work well with a team of high performers.
- Outcomes-driven, self-starter with entrepreneurial energy
Interested candidates please apply online https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/christhospital/#/job/8891