The Director of Development is responsible for raising money and directing fundraising activities for the benefit of the Carl H. Lindner College of Business. Activities of the Director will be coordinated with other UCF fundraising activities.
- Cultivate and solicit a portfolio of major and principal gift donors and prospective donors as well as work collaboratively with UCF staff in Annual Giving, National Team, Foundation Relations, and Gift Planning
- Responsible for directing the fundraising activities within assigned centers, programs, and academic units to be determined in coordination with the Senior Director of Development and other relevant UCF staff
- Make discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship visits to Lindner donors, prospective donors, alumni, and friends within and outside the Cincinnati region utilizing the resources of the UCF National Team, Foundation Relations, and Office of Gift Planning
- Support donor stewardship activities in collaboration with UCF Office of Donor Relations and Stewardship, Lindner development colleagues, and Senior Director of Development
- Utilize UCF fundraising specialists (Gift Planning, National Team, and Foundation Relations) for the benefit of the College and the University
- Recruit and involve volunteers for college fundraising activities
- Work with the Dean and other key Lindner faculty and staff on fundraising initiatives and activities
- Prepare timely contact reports and ensure the accuracy of all tracked data including plans and opportunities within CRM
- Participate fully in UCF prospect development processes
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of fundraising experience, or advanced degree with 3-5 years of fundraising experience (higher education or healthcare fundraising experience preferred)
- Record of successful major gift solicitation and closure
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to interact favorably with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships
- Willingness to travel and attend evening and weekend activities as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati
This position is considered to have light work. Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up a negligible of force constantly to move objects. This position requires the operation of a motor vehicle. This position also requires:
- Finger use
- Repetitive motion of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers
While performing the duties of this job, this position is subject to outside environmental conditions and indoor conditions.
The University of Cincinnati Foundation is excited to launch recruitment of a number of key positions as we continue to grow our team to support the important work of the University of Cincinnati and UC Health. We are looking for qualified, collaborative and committed advancement professionals to serve in these roles and make a positive contribution to UCF’s dynamic, mission-driven team. All offers of full-time employment are contingent upon passing a criminal background check and drug test. Positions requiring a degree are also contingent upon education verification. All offers of student employment are contingent upon a criminal background check.
Interested candidates please apply online https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1095UOCF/JobBoard/9f0f87ec-0c41-49db-99d7-7b484f481f63/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=7a04df9c-19ff-4972-9728-64db5547e7e3