The Director will help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University through its major gift program. Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over a 120 different fields of study. The College of Arts and Science is the oldest and largest college at Miami and has over 48% of the student body enrolled in its majors and 100% of Miami students will take one or more classes within the college. The College currently has over 82,000 living alumni.
With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
- Will be a vital member of the College of Arts and Science development team and will work closely with the Senior Director to meet the fundraising priorities and strategic initiatives of the College
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Development in the development of the fundraising’s team efforts and strategies
- Engage with senior leadership of the College and University
- Serve as a resource for the Associate and Assistant Directors of the development team
- Serve as a liaison between the University Relations office and the College of Arts and Science.
- Effect solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends alone and with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers
- Develop and maintain a prospect pool focused primarily on $100,000 plus prospects.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faulty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events
- Develop and implement assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for assigned prospects with the Office of Development staff, and university faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, 4 + years in development/fundraising experience or comparable work or educational experience; outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills and attention to detail; a commitment to collaboration and teamwork, willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level and the ability to attend as scheduled evening and weekend events.
Desired Qualifications: Experience asking for and closing major gifts for non-profits in an education setting.
CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.