Join a dedicated, high-energy team of professionals at The Christ Hospital Foundation. In this newly created position you will maximize donor participation and giving to support the vision and operations at The Christ Hospital Health Network- founded in compassion driven by excellence.
This position will be located in The Christ Hospital Foundation department, 2123 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.
Job Overview: The Director of Development is a public-facing position that is responsible for planning, building, implementing and evaluating and ANNUAL GIVING program based on specific and targeted goals to support The Christ Hospital Health Network. This role adds value by attracting new donors, broadening geographic reach and enhancing diversity of donors while adopting best practices and other proven ideas to increase the reach and potential impact of The Christ Hospital Foundation. This position must have strong organizational, communication, administrative, problem solving and analytical skills. Must have the ability to interact with donors at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and confident. Must have the professionalism, diplomacy and savvy to build relationships with all current and potential constituents.
The Director of Development-Annual Giving may perform the following duties:
- This is a front-line development position to maximize the revenue stream from annual donors with financial goals and performance-based evaluation.
- Goals will be based on dollars raised.
- Add value to existing Annual Giving initiatives by adopting best practices from around the US.
- Develop creative approaches to attract new donors, broaden the geographic reach, attract multiple generations of donors, enhance the diversity of donors, and reach out to individuals with philanthropic interests who have no prior donor history with The Christ Hospital and its outpatient care centers.
- Using a combination of direct marketing and personal solicitation, secure annual gifts in the $1,000-10,000 range. Maintain an active schedule of personal visits with current and prospective members on the phone, by email, and in person, to solicit gifts and provide active stewardship.
- Recruit, guide and support a cadre of volunteers to be involved in the Annual Giving efforts.
- Provide reports and analysis for each initiative that will allow for the objective assessment and a revised plan for future initiatives.
- Develop—and in some cases implement– a publicity plan for Annual Gifts.
- Create and execute effective processes for acquisition, renewal and upgrade of members in three different giving clubs: Annual, Sustaining, and Lifetime. Manage these clubs including communications, an annual event, and recognition.
- Lead the Network’s annual employee campaign.
- Improve communication and fund development through digital channels to encourage more online and mobile device giving.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
License & Certification: CFRE certification is preferred.
Experience: 4-6 years in fund development; 3 years in Annual Giving.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Possess a contemporary knowledge of advanced annual giving techniques and methods, including the innovative use of technology to enhance the experience and to facilitate donations.
- Possess a strong understanding and use of metrics for annual giving.
- Possess the analytical and organizational skill required to evaluate initiatives, conceive of and implement new initiatives.
- Professional track record of success and proven ability to secure four and five-figure annual gifts.
- Creative, progressive, and forward thinking; open to new ideas and new ways of achieving objectives.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, one-on-one, and listening skills.
- Possess a positive outlook, high-energy, can-do attitude. Recognize the contribution of others in the organization and work well with a team of high performers.
Interested candidates, please apply online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/christhospital/#/job/8890