Starfire is searching for an effective individual to become the Director of Development and Advancement who will collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop and implement a strategic plan for both short- and long-range impacts and results to enable the organization to grow and serve an expanding number of families with challenged children. This position affords the candidate with the unique opportunity to design the plan and strategies to favorably impact all aspects of the organization’s philanthropic efforts and insure the long-term health of Starfire. This will require the DDA (Director of Development and Advancement) to ensure that all facets of the development and advancement strategy focuses on increased engagement with all constituents that can either support the efforts of Starfire as well as those that are beneficiaries for Starfire programs and efforts.
- Develop and effectively implement annual fundraising plans in partnership with Executive Director, and Board of Directors Development Committee with the goal of raising funds through Annual Giving Campaigns, Major Gifts, Special Events, Grants & Foundations, federal and local government sources, Endowment Planning, and all other funding sources. Provide monthly progress result report to Board of Director Development Committee members.
- Develop and sustain marketing and communication efforts that target current/potential donors/ supporters/constituents in partnership including utilizing Researcher Storyteller across all print, web and social media platforms.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including donor database and wealth screening tool and ensure the donor database process is managed and leveraged, analyzing data and reports for opportunity and risk identification and reconciling donor database with QuickBooks monthly.
Required Qualifications include:
- Successful resume of previous effective experiences in developing, organizing, implementing, and directing multiple philanthropic strategies for successful organizations.
- Leadership skills that include: initiative, problem solving, stress tolerance, quality decision making, oral/written/presentation communications abilities, planning, organization, personal and organizational sensitivity, interpersonal skills, negotiating skills, and the ability to develop effective relationships with constituents both within and external to the organization.
- Frequent local travel within the regional area required as well as some evenings and occasional weekends. Valid driver’s license and insured personal transportation required.
Compensation/Benefits: This is a salaried, full-time exempt position. As a full-time employee candidate is eligible for health, dental, and life insurance benefits as well as a flexible self-directed PTO policy. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and prior success.
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org