Reports to: Executive Director
By pairing communities’ knowledge of their needs with artists’ sense of possibility Wave Pool is creating a society where contemporary art and artists are valued and integrated fully into the fabric and success of our neighborhood, our city, and beyond. Wave Pool is creating a hub for artists, and a path for artists to play an integral role in the city. They are also listening deeply, allowing the community that they serve and are a part of to tell them what to focus on next and to be collaborators and leaders in every project. Wave Pool’s socially-engaged art center includes an art gallery, studios, artist residency program, wood shop, ceramics studio, and community space. Our reputation is built on initiating and supporting artist-driven creative placemaking projects and exhibiting work that stretches beyond gallery walls through interactive projects that proactively help our neighbors. Wave Pool works with partner organizations to tackle tough problems through asset-based development and center artist-driven solutions. In the past year they brought the Creative Leadership Summit – Midwest to Cincinnati, expanded The Welcome Project to open a new teaching kitchen and fresh foods market, and expanded their woodshop and ceramics program to be donation based with scholarships for members of their neighborhood.
Wave Pool is looking for an organized, enthusiastic, and highly motivated leader to develop and guide fundraising efforts for our cutting-edge organization that finds unique and impactful ways to support communities through contemporary art. The ideal candidate for this position is energetic, organized, driven, and highly collaborative. We’re looking for an Ambassador: someone who is passionate about Wave Pool’s mission to pair communities’ needs with artists’ sense of possibility and is able to effectively share our story and grow our capacity.
The Director of Development will be critical in Wave Pool’s success as we expand and find new ways to support the region’s artist community through creative placemaking projects, artist support initiatives, and community-driven programs. This person will be a relationship champion that will help us cultivate and steward current and prospective donors and develop our membership and sponsorship programs into their fullest potential.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the $1 million development program and will lead, strategize, direct and supervise fundraising programs to secure and expand financial support for Wave Pool. As this is a stand-alone development position, this position maintains the full responsibility for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors. It will also include managing the acknowledgement process, creating marketing materials both in print and online, and creating corporate relationships for fundraising purposes and writing grants, all in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner.
- Support all aspects of the Annual Giving Program including acquisition, renewal, and upgrade appeals, digital and web-based communications to support these appeals, and development and implementation of strategies to aid in the growth of the annual donor base.
- Grow a mid-level and major gifts program including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Work with Executive Director for grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Identify new corporate sponsors and increase sponsorship revenue.
- Create and update sponsorship packets for individual and corporate solicitation.
- Coordinate fund-raising special events.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, and Board of Directors & provide regular fundraising reports.
- Represent Wave Pool & make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Wave Pool with the community.
- Staff liaison to Board Development Committee.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems for all grants, donations, and individual gifts.
- Manage donor membership program including solicitations, acknowledgements, and benefits with the assistance of Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
- Responsible for the entire acknowledgment process.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the smooth operations of Wave Pool’s day to day activities.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Arts Administration, Communications, or related field.
- At least three (3) years of professional fundraising.
- CFRE accreditation preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities as they arise.
- Experience with fundraising methods and tools; including direct mail, phone, online and in-person solicitation giving.
- Effective and efficient communication techniques designed to motivate the readers to action.
- Effective research methods and tools.
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures used in effective and efficient administration and utilization of development software/database applications.
- Experience with donor record-keeping software as well as common word processing, database management, spreadsheets and online communication technology.
- Efficient financial record keeper with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate professionally with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to function well as a team member.
- Must be discreet and have well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff, as well as external customers and vendors.
- Able to exercise sound and independent judgment with high ethical standards.
- Attention to detail. Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented with the ability to analyze data, research, and problem-solve.
- Experience with non-profit organizations.
- Proactive, accountable, self-starter with the ability to self-direct.
- Ability to form positive connections & collaborate with people.
- Clear understanding and commitment to Wave Pool’s mission and goals.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000 DOE
This position is full-time with some benefits. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be required.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply – please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st, 2021:
- Cover Letter (outlining your interest and qualifications)
- Two Professional References
Interested candidates please apply online https://www.wavepoolgallery.org/job-opportunities