The Director of Development is responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all fundraising activities, programs, projects, initiatives, and events. This position will oversee all record-keeping pertaining to donors and fundraising campaigns, will maintain and build solid relationships with donors and local businesses, and is responsible for creating an annual fundraising strategy.
- Detail-oriented and able to keep impeccable records
- Great customer service skills and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in nonprofit fundraising
- Ability to respond to donors in a timely manner
- Ability to use technology to enhance fundraising strategies
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred or comparable experience in sales or customer service management
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
- Must be able to sit for a majority of the day but also be on your feet at events as needed.
- Will be required to travel to other locations in the service area and will be exposed to all outside weather conditions.
- No significant lifting or other physical requirements.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000
- This position will develop and execute an annual fundraising & grant management plan to fulfill the overall financial needs of the Fitton Center.
- Will oversee the use of various giving opportunities to create a consistent income stream to benefit the Fitton Center and its annual financial objectives.
- Fundraising opportunities include, but are not limited to memberships, sponsorships, special gifts, annual fund giving (operating support), capital needs, legacy giving, memorial giving, online giving, corporate gifts and special events.
- Various vehicles may be used to create giving opportunities that include, but are not limited to: direct mail, personal solicitation, foundation proposals, planned giving vehicles, and online giving.
- Sourcing and writing of all new grant applications.
- Manages all grant applications, renewal and reporting from existing funders, ongoing funding sources and development of new funding streams.
- Attends the majority of the Fitton Center events and performances to see to the needs of patrons and continue building strong relationships with patrons, donors and potential donors.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with donors.
- Attends external community events to strengthen donor relationships and maintain a strong presence in the community for the Fitton Center.
- Provides ongoing staff and board education and building donor relationships.
- Attends team meetings within the Fitton Center as needed, also assists other Fitton Team members when needed.
- Develops and maintains all systems and software that support and enhance the overall effectiveness of fundraising and associated record keeping, including donor and prospect tracking.
- Oversees the completion of all donor agreements, invoice dates, benefit forms, donor thank you letters and donor wall recognition.
- Ensures Fitton Center compliance with all laws related to donor giving and record keeping.
Committees & Board:
- Attends all board meetings and reports on the status of development at each meeting.
- Attends committee meetings and presentations as requested by the Executive Director.
- Serves on Development Committee
- Attends Finance Committee meetings as requested by the Executive Director and/or the Director of Finance.
ABOUT THE FITTON CENTER
The Fitton Center for Creative Arts isn’t just a building – it’s an experience. We are a non-profit arts organization that has been a part of the community for over 25 years. The entire complex is dedicated to the arts in all disciplines and for all ages and abilities of participants. The Fitton Center has a legacy of changing lives and building community through the arts. The Fitton Center houses a 240-seat recently refurbished theatre, and a gorgeous Ballroom with traditional décor and a Vista Room overlooking the Great Miami River. At the Fitton you will be enthralled by extraordinary musicians, actors and dancers at one our live performances or stroll through our 5 remarkable art galleries. Our programs include over 250 classes, workshops, and summer camps annually and over 60 live events. Become a part of the Fitton Center and redefine the way you experience the arts in Hamilton!
Please send by mail or email:
- A single page cover letter
- A two-page resume
- Three professional references
c/o Megan Huffman
Fitton Center for Creative Arts
101 S. Monument Avenue
Hamilton, OH 45011, USA
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Fitton Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Fitton Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.