Do you want to make an impact in the lives of people with disabilities? Circle Tail is an accredited nonprofit organization that provides service and hearing dogs for people with disabilities at no charge to the individual.
We are seeking an energetic and dedicated and knowledgeable Director of Development to lead us to the next level of raising and training dogs who help people with disabilities. This position is approximately 35-40 hours per week, with a salary of $50,000 and possibility of salary increase as goals are achieved.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Development will build Circle Tail’s development program, and have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Circle Tail’s donor relationship cultivation, fundraising, stewardship, brand marketing, and community engagement. The Director of Development will develop deep knowledge of core programs, operations, and business plans.
- Develop and execute Circle Tail’s fundraising and major gifts programs
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of donors (individuals, foundations, and corporations)
- Be an advocate to build upon Circle Tail’s reputation of excellence in order to grow relationships and identify and execute on funding and growth opportunities
- Build and expand partnerships and garner new opportunities, establishing long term relationships with funders and community leaders to increase funding, donor retention and stewardship opportunities.
- Attend and participate in Board Meetings
- Maintain trust and relationships between Circle Tail and its donors by demonstrating good stewardship
- Lead and manage a Development Committee
- Assist the grant committee in seeking grant opportunities
- Assist with major and minor fundraising events
The Director of Development will be thoroughly committed to Circle Tail’s mission. Candidates should have proven leadership, relationship management, and fundraising experience. Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor degree or similar, ideally in leadership, management or communications with at least 5 years of fundraising or similar experience
- Experience in developing and executing strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Knowledge of Donor Management Software
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to show passion for the mission, integrity, positive attitude, and self-direction
Interested candidates please email email@example.com