La Soupe, Inc. a local nonprofit that rescues food and transforms it into healthy meals and shares those meals through a network of nonprofits, schools, churches, community centers and housing programs throughout the Greater Cincinnati area, is seeking an experienced Director of Development.
Nearing completion of a successful $5 million capital campaign, La Soupe recently moved to a new space in E. Walnut Hills. With a staff of 26 and a network of over 250 volunteers, La Soupe has rescued over 1.796 million lbs. of food and shared over 1 million servings since its founding in 2014.
La Soupe is seeking an experienced Development professional who can work independently, think strategically and help expand and diversify the fund raising effort of this nonprofit organization located in Walnut Hills.
The Development Director is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plan to ensure the continued growth of Operating Support and special project funding annually.
Duties include overseeing and managing all aspects of the fundraising efforts, building strong and successful relationships, and maintaining ongoing communications with donors, volunteers, community organizations, corporations, and foundations.
- Create a strategy for annual fundraising campaign that includes both direct mail and virtual, build awareness through social media outlets; create special campaign appeals and strategies
- Develop a Major Gifts Program building on the donor base from the capital campaign and the annual donors.
- Grow the Grants Program through the identification of new prospects, cultivation of present grantors, submit well-written grant requests and provide thorough follow up reporting.
- Establish a strong donor acknowledgement program and donor tracking using donor management data base system.
- Develop an annual budget, goal projections, sources of income and manage that budget.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years direct experience in leadership role in Development.
- Demonstrate progressive experience and responsibility in raising awareness and support through cultivation and stewardship and expanding the base of support.
- Offer a strong, successful history in non-profit fundraising and development, grant writing, donor relations and Board interaction.
- Possess outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to identify, develop and implement a sustainable plan for stewarding existing donors through a Moves Management process, leading to strong Major Gifts and Corporate Partners programs.
- Organized, self-starter who is flexible, responds quickly, and thinks strategically.
- Knowledge of Greater Cincinnati community a plus.
Salary Range: $65,000-70,000
Interested candidates please email email@example.com