This individual is the lead fundraiser for a region. The individual is responsible for securing revenues through the various mechanisms identified in the agency’s annual Development Plan, including cultivating relationships and soliciting individuals, corporations and foundations for annual, major, and long-term support. This role is a key member of the development leadership team. They will work closely with Chief Development Officer & Senior Director of Development to develop, implement and evaluate the fundraising strategy for their region. They will serve as a key staff member for their region’s signature events.
This individual will work closely with CEO, and other members of the senior leadership team on special projects and strategic initiatives to be identified. Along with senior staff, represents Equitas Health locally in the community.
PAY RANGE: $59,720-$74,650
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for identifying, cultivating and stewarding relationships with key individuals in the region and the surrounding communities, including but not limited to donors, foundations, corporate partners, vendors and other funders.
- Manages relationships with prospective donors and will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward new/potential and current supporters of the agency.
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development and advancement staff, and other Equitas Health representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for agency-wide priorities.
- Monitors all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Recommends and assists with programming involving the CEO, Chief Development Officer, and volunteer leaders.
- Work closely with Development’s Events team to cultivate relationships and awareness in support of revenue goals for Dayton donor events.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Development and works collaboratively and strategically with the CEO, CDO, senior leadership team, volunteer leaders, and other agency staff in areas other than Development related but not limited to: marketing, agency communications, legislative advocacy and medical center/pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects individuals (major donor level), corporations and foundations in Cincinnati region.
- Travel as necessary to facilitate connectivity and relationship building with individual, corporate and foundation funders as well as in-kind supporters and volunteers.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycleInitiate contacts with potential major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and gift closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Work closely with committees and other key agency volunteers in support of events, campaigns and other related, fundraising and agency activities related to future direction of the agency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5-7 years successful experience in individual, major and corporate fundraising; planned giving experience welcome.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors, corporate sponsors and other funders in order to develop relationships between them and the agency.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse staff and volunteers.
- Must be able to prioritize goals, projects and work activities; manage tasks simultaneously, have a demonstrated record of completing assignments and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Word-processing, Microsoft Excel & CRM (customer relationship management) software/database experience.
- Flexibility with regard to work hours and must be willing to travel as needed.
- Knowledge of health and social service needs of persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, substance use disorders, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color and members of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment.
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.
Interested applicants apply online: http://jobs.jobvite.com/equitashealth/job/oR9PbfwK