SCOPE OF POSITION:
Together we raise more than $4.0 million annually to make sure that Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio (PPSWO) can provide quality reproductive health care to those who need it most. We need your enthusiasm, energy, skills and passion to expand our excellent team.
- Plans and leads a fundraising strategy that includes prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts of $5,000 and above, affinity groups and corporate donors and prospects.
- Manages the above portfolios working in conjunction with the Vice President of Development using Moves Management.
- Continually assesses new prospects to look for engagement opportunities.
- Creates and oversees assessment of fundraising metrics.
- Oversees a meaningful donor recognition program and events for major gifts, affinity groups, giving circle and corporate members.
- Coordinate Leadership Circle donors trips.
- Develops, manages and tracks budgets for all giving programs.
- Manages a portfolio of at least 75 prospects.
- Prepares donor packets of information, proposals, budgets, gift agreements and contact reports for all assigned donors.
- Meets financial goals as established by the VP of Development and Director of Development.
- Prepares boards of trustees reports, weekly look ahead reports.
- Tracks board of trustees giving and creates dashboard for reporting.
- Responsible for sponsorships for the annual gala of $250,000 or more.
- Works with selected volunteers and volunteer committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and CFRE accreditation preferred.
- At least three (3) years of professional fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to confidently ask for gifts.
- Ability to meet deadlines, respond to changing priorities as they arise.
- Experience with fundraising tools; including direct mail, proposal writing, major gifts, and planned giving.
- Managerial experience with volunteers.
- Experience with financial record-keeping software as well as common word processing, database management, spreadsheets and online communication technology.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to write and speak English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to operate a computer, keyboard and multi-key telephone.
- Ability to function well as a team member.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment (mileage reimbursed).
- Must be a discreet individual with well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff, as well as external customers and vendors.
- Must be able to exercise sound and independent judgment with high ethical standards.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality with donor information.
- Commitment to PPSWO’s mission, goals and objectives.
Works closely with all departments. Attends appropriate staff meetings and at times may be requested to attend Board Meetings. This position values teamwork and cooperation without hierarchy to ensure that all job duties are achieved satisfactorily.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, sit, talk, hear, stand, bend, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use repetitive motions of the hands and wrists.
- Ability to get to the work site and evening/weekends when required.
Interested candidates please apply online https://jobs.lever.co/ppswo/147bb74d-4b79-49d6-94b7-6ccb90c990b4