The Athenaeum of Ohio/Mount St. Mary’s Seminary is the center for ecclesial formation sponsored by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our mission is to form men and women to faithfully follow Christ and serve His mission by fulfilling their vocations in the Church. The Athenaeum of Ohio is a growing, vibrant organization with nearly 100 seminarians from seven different dioceses and several orders and many more men and women working towards graduate degrees and certificates. This fall, we will dedicate Fenwick Hall, a new residence to house our increasing seminarian population.
We seek a highly-skilled communications director to lead the flow of information between the Athenaeum of Ohio/Mount St. Mary’s Seminary and the public. The Director of Communications must be a problem solver who determines and executes marketing strategies; helps create a variety of print and other materials; and develops and manages the organization’s website and social media presence. The position reports to the Vice President for Development and Relations.
- Plan and implement the organization’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Oversee the creation of all promotional materials on behalf of the institution.
- Manage and direct the organization’s social media and online presence.
- Write content for both print and online including the organization’s magazine, website, brochures, and other materials.
- Manage and direct the work of freelance writers, graphic and web designers and photographers as needed.
- Organize and direct events.
- Serve as point of contact for media and public questions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing or communications position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Possess a solid understanding of effective marketing techniques.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; graphic design experience preferred.
- Experience managing a social and digital presence required; WordPress experience preferred.
- Commitment to the mission and message of the Catholic Church and the ability to communicate it clearly and effectively.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Please send a cover letter, resume and links to sample work to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 3, 2019. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The Athenaeum of Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.