The Office of College Advancement carries out the major fundraising efforts at Wilmington College and is seeking applicants for the position of Director of Alumni Engagement. This position is responsible for increasing support to the College through the planning and implementation of programming that engage alumni in the strategic efforts of the College and solicit their support and involvement in these efforts. Their efforts will also include cultivating current students to transition to active alumni through coordination with campus career services and strengthening the enrollment process by connecting current Alumni with prospective students. This position will also manage a portfolio of annual fund donors in support of annual and campaign fundraising goals.
The Director of Alumni Engagement reports to the Vice President of College Advancement and oversees the activities of the Annual Fund Coordinator, Event and Travel Coordinator and the Director of Athletic Development. The Director of Alumni Engagement works in a collaborative relationship with the Enrollment Management and Career Services Department to create channels of engagement for our Alumni.
Major responsibilities include:
- Oversee the design and implementation of all engagement activities for Wilmington College’s Alumni base. These activities are designed to engage alumni in mentoring, volunteering, recruiting and annual giving. This includes, but is not limited to: planning and executing networking, educational and social events; maintaining regular communication, including surveys on interests and employment.
- Develop WC’s Annual Alumni Engagement Plan. Including Key Performance Indicators, action plans and benchmarks for the following activities:
Direct Mail Phonathon
Personal Solicitations Student Philanthropy Council
Giving Day Events First Decade Society
Alumni outreach events Homecoming/ARW
- Partner with the Office of Admissions to include Alumni in the recruiting and admissions process.
- Partner with the Office of Student Affairs to plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for students and alumni.
- Develop ideas and content for Alumni print publications, website and social media in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Manage the Alumni Council and the selection process for the Alumni of Distinction awards.
- Manage a portfolio of annual fund donors and/or prospective donors. Meet established benchmarks for visits, asks and dollars raised.
- Represent Wilmington College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, donors, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers.
- Foster the growth of best practices in the annual giving and Alumni relations department and use data informed decision making to create sustainable growth.
- Monitor department budget and plan activities that integrate into the College Advancement Plan
- Uphold the Wilmington College’s Mission Statement.
Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s and five years of progressive experience in alumni relations and fund raising in a college advancement setting. Excellent communication skills. Ability to plan and implement projects. Some evening and weekend work and travel will be required.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed cover letter and resume unless otherwise indicated in the position information below. Please specify position of interest in the letter of application and subject line of email (if submitting electronically). For positions requiring degrees, unofficial transcripts of college work are helpful. Submit materials to the Director of Human Resources, Wilmington College, Pyle Center 1187, 1870 Quaker Way, Wilmington, OH 45177-2499