To foster and strengthen the relationship between Thomas More College and its alumni. This is accomplished by strategically organizing events, programs, and activities that meet both College and alumni needs. This position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and works collaboratively with colleagues across the College to maximize alumni engagement, build loyalty, grow institutional pride, enhance TMC’s reputation and brand position, and increase financial support of the College.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strength of written and oral communication skills with ability to make public speaking presentations that are persuasive, convincing, and succinct.
- Ability to handle multiple, diverse, and complex projects at a time.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with staff, students, faculty, college officials, alumni, and the general public.
- Knowledge of content development for social and digital communications is preferred.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and a high degree of discretion in the performance of administrative and management functions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a robust and fully integrated program for alumni that includes alumni programs and events, held both on and off campus, that promote alumni goodwill, engagement, and financial support for the College.
- Attain an annual Alumni fundraising goal as identified by the Vice-President for Institutional Advancement.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally and nationally; identify and cultivate high-potential alumni.
- Develop, administer, and tightly control budgets for Alumni Relations department including general Alumni Association events/programs, the Scholarship Golf Classic, and Homecoming.
- Organize, plan, implement and promote alumni events and larger annual events such as Homecoming Weekend in conjunction with an annual 10th, 25th and 50th class anniversaries and Alumni Awards every other year; the Scholarship Golf Classic; Alumni Wine Tasting; Hall of Fame Awards on a biennial basis in even-numbered years in conjunction with Athletics department; Graduation Fair in conjunction with Office of the Registrar; Faculty/Academic department coordination as warranted; and, other events as deemed necessary by the President or Vice-President for Institutional Advancement.
- Execute all details of said events with other necessary departments on campus including Food Services, Facilities/Maintenance and Banquet Coordinator.
- Develop benchmarking program and provide reports on program success, event participation, and financials. Provide reports to the Vice President on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Design and develop, in conjunction with Director of College Communications & PR, promotional materials and mailing activities for alumni events geared toward all alumni constituent segments.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Recruit and supervise the work of the Alumni Association Board of Directors and its committees (College Correspondence Committee and Distinguished Alumnae League).
- Serve as official liaison with Alumni Association Board of Directors with regard to agenda-setting, reporting and meeting arrangements.
- Maintain accuracy of information appearing on official alumni web and social media pages with regard to online event registrations, merchandise orders, Calendar of Events, event descriptions, online alumni directory registration, and alumni e-mail account requests.
- Create and disseminate twice-monthly alumni e-blasts; and, use electronic (social) media platforms to keep alumni abreast of news and to feature accomplishments of alumni, faculty and students as well as to highlight campus activities, events, and other happenings.
- Coordinate with other IA staff for new ideas, projects and other events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in English, Communications, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Business Administration, or Marketing.
- Minimum five years’ alumni relations or event planning experience with ability to demonstrate increases in attendance as well as execution of logistics.
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, as well as database management
Interested candidates please contact email@example.com