St. Ursula Villa, an independent, coeducational Catholic elementary school in the Ursuline tradition, is in search of a full-time Director of Development.
The Director of Development is responsible for the planning, organizing and implementation of the strategic direction for all of the Villa’s fundraising including: major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, grant writing, donor cultivation and recognition, and the execution of capital campaign. The Director of Development’s primary focus is the ongoing stewardship and cultivation of parents, grandparents and alumni for Annual Fund support. This position is a member of St. Ursula Villa’s Administrative Team consisting of the Principal, Assistant Principal/Director of Finance, Director of Early Childhood, and Director of Admissions & Marketing.
- Ongoing communication and relationship building of current and past donors and identification/cultivation of prospective donors
- Ensuring accuracy of database and timeliness of all gift receipting, acknowledgements and pledge reminders
- Coordination of special event sponsorships
- Execution of annual giving campaign
- Grant research, proposal writing and reporting
- Donor recognition programs.In collaboration with the Director of Admissions & Marketing, the Director of Development ensures all external/internal communication presents positive, consistent and compelling messaging in alignment with the St. Ursula Villa brand. The Director of Development also works closely with the Special Events Coordinator to ensure success of annual auction and other fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years progressive experience in Development or related field
- Must embrace the mission and values of St. Ursula Villa
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers to be ambassadors for the school that expand the philanthropic support of the school
- A goal-driven, organized self-starter who embraces a team work environment
St. Ursula Villa nurtures the whole child, fosters academic excellence, and instills a Christ-centered commitment to society. Educating 465 students from Toddler through 8th grade, the Villa is known throughout Cincinnati for its strong educational programs, faith traditions, and community of parents, students, and faculty.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Polly Duplace, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.