Kent State University is seeking an experienced fundraiser to serve the Director of Advancement for the College of Communication and Information (CCI). This individual will be primarily responsible for managing a portfolio of major and leadership gift prospects in order to generate private gift support for CCI.
The five innovative schools that come together to form the College of Communication and Information are:
- Communication Studies
- Digital Sciences
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Information (iSchool)
- Visual Communication Design.
Kent State University was recently ranked in the Top Tier of Best National Universities by U.S. New & World Report. Kent State’s eight-campuses make it one of the nation’s largest university systems and Ohio’s third-largest university. Kent offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits, and an excellent Wellness program.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies in consultation with other professional development staff for generating private financial support based on the College of Communication and Information’s goals and objectives.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for major and leadership gifts.
- Assist in the University’s capital campaign; cultivate and solicit individuals within Ohio and in nationally assigned regions.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with fundraising efforts at the special gifts and annual giving levels.
- Serve as liaison between the College of Communication and Information and Institutional Advancement regarding prospect activity.
- Manage major donor prospects, focusing on individual donors and coordinating with Corporate and Foundation Relations staff on corporate and foundation donors.
- May assist in planning and developing special projects relative to interests of prospects.
- May develop and coordinate marketing efforts to target key constituency groups; may oversee development of advertising media and conduct special promotional events.
- Provide development support to the College of Communication and Information Dean/Director, faculty and staff as required.
- Serve on various campus and community committees, task forces, councils, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required and three to four years progressively responsible fundraising and/or sales experience required.
- Ability and desire to travel and participate in evening and weekend work-related activities are required.
- Preference for experience in higher education fundraising.
Position Number: 995914
Application Process: The position will remain open until filled. However, review of applications will begin immediately with a tentative close date of April 30. Please apply online at http://jobslist.kent.edu/cw/en-us/job/496211/director-advancement-college-of-communication-and-information; include a resume and cover letter. You will find additional information about the division and a list of current open positions in Institutional Advancement, by visiting our website: https://www.kent.edu/advancement/institutional-advancement-employment
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer / Disabled / Veterans