United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is seeking a dynamic leader responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive strategies for UWGC Key Donor Segments and the achievement of assigned growth, retention, participation, and revenue goals. The Director, Individual Engagement manages the Individual Engagement Team to ensures the development, retention, and growth of financial support, commitments, and overall engagement of the individuals and prospective donors. Ensures the execution of tailored programs and initiatives necessary to position United Way as the primary philanthropic conduit between individuals, their companies, and the communities in which they reside and operate through year-round engaging experiences. Manages the execution of tailored programs and initiatives necessary to engage individual donors outside of our key segments using data analytics to determine donor interests and how to engage with them “where they are at”. Manages key donor committees as necessary.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- -Exercises direct supervision of a team of Individual Donor Engagement Directors, Managers, Associates, and Administrative Assistant.
- Improves UWGC Key Donor Segment performance through the evaluation of portfolio and donor history and trends, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and adapting strategies accordingly.
- Ensures Individual Engagement team executes on comprehensive strategies supporting the attraction, retention, and growth of donors to UWGC.
- Ensures the philanthropic goals and objectives of key segments are identified, with the UWGC established as the primary philanthropic resource for the donors in their relationship with the community.
- Oversees the creation of a robust calendar of messaging, events and general stewardship for donors and prospects, with focused initiatives that attract, engage, grow, retain and win back donors in key segments. -Ensures the agenda and strategic plan engages the prospects and members year-round, deepening commitments to the key segments.
- Oversees the management and engagement of the volunteer process for the Individual Donor Societies and Affinity Groups, ensuring key volunteer leaders are identified and utilized in the implementation and execution of the roles and strategies of key segments and Donor Networks.
- Ensures donor’s involvement of resources and time to UWGC is developed and deepened, matriculating donors through the UWGC Individual Donor Affinity Groups and Societies in their annual gifting, with planned giving as the eventual philanthropic culmination. Oversees the smooth transition of donors through the UWGC Donor Networks.
- Oversees the identification and creation of pipelines of prospects and growth for UWGC donor networks, ensuring prospects are cultivated and solicited directly and through facilitated connections with existing members.
- Oversees strong partnerships with Relationship Management Team to share and review information and reports to achieve mutual goals of increased participation and retention, ensuring the growth of UWGC key segments and donor networks.
- Oversees strong collaboration with Community Campaign and Strategy Development team to share and review information and reports for the segmentation, identification and solicitation of prospects and members of UWGC Key segments and donor networks. Ensures opportunities for additional involvement with UWGC are identified.
- Ensures the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and process is managed and leveraged, regularly analyzing data and reports for opportunity and risk identification. Oversees the tracking and evaluation of the effectiveness of strategies, initiatives, and overall results.
- Ensures the membership and performance of key segments and donor networks are monitored, providing ad hoc and progress reports and projections as needed. Leverages data analysis to identify trends and solutions, troubleshoot, and ensure the timely achievement of goals. Utilizes strategic analysis of data to drive programming and engagement, and the overall performance of the UWGC societies and affinity groups.
- Oversees the monitoring and management of incoming gifts, ensuring smooth receipt and acknowledgement processes, as well as the overall collection and reporting of pledged assets. Ensures personal solicitation of gifts, tracking, and follow-up on outstanding gift commitments occurs.
- Ensures events are planned and executed, ensuring robust event opportunities for prospects and donors of key segments and donor networks. Participates in key events for donor networks, the United Way, and the communities and agencies supported.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent required; master’s degree preferred.
- Eight or more years professional work experience, with five or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity required. Thorough working knowledge of relationship-based fund-raising procedures and philosophies.
- Prior management experience, including developing and monitoring budgets, required.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Proven ability to create, grow and retain strong customer relationships.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships across organizations and work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Frequent local travel within the regional area, including evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates should apply on-line http://www.uwgc.org/about-us/careers?gnk=job&gni=8a7885a9638f1cb2016392b5c9b42eb2&gns=AFP
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity & Inclusion