Are you ready to take on a lead role at an institution where we’re raising $250 million to better our students and, in turn, help them change the world? Xavier University, in Cincinnati, Ohio, is seeking applications for an innovative individual who will lead us in prospect management, research and discovery at a critical time as we plan and launch a new customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Located in the division of University Relations, the Director for Prospect Management, Research and Discovery will work with the Associate Vice President to develop a comprehensive strategic plan/vision for discovery and prospect management for the university that includes planning, implementing, directing and evaluating activities associated with discovery, cultivation and stewardship of prospects. This position will create and implement procedures, set priorities, oversee proactive prospect research and management, analyze and evaluate information and assist with the yearly financial forecasting. This director will also play a key role in the prospecting for donors for our $250 million campaign as well as a seat at the leadership table in the creation and implementation of our CRM.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program Management
- assist with formulating policies for discovery and prospect assignment, management, and tracking, and facilitate the process as it evolves
- monitor and direct development officers’ progress in prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- provide analysis and interpretation of prospect and donor information and facilitate communication regarding prospects
- assign discovery and prospects to development officers, as well as coordinate top prospect solicitation
- prepare and distribute prospect management reports
- Prospect Management and Tracking System Design, Analysis and Administration
- refine the prospect management and tracking system design and concepts to adequately support the management and tracking of prospects, proposals, and donors
- monitor and make recommendations for system maintain and improvement (Sungard Banner Advancement) and ensure a high level of data integrity
- review campus-wide prospect information for appropriate inclusion on the prospect management and tracking system
- Program and Prospect Analysis
- analyze collected assignment, contact, proposal, pledge and gift data to determine areas for program emphasis and enhancement
- maintain an active awareness of goals, objectives, and directions of the development program as a whole and incorporate them into the Prospect Management operating plans and long-terms strategies
- establish long-range strategies to facilitate institution initiative and divisional goals
- Department Liaison
- provide leadership in planning and achieving major and planned giving fundraising goals through research, data analysis and training
- develop relationships that foster an understanding of the application of the prospect management process
- develop and refine services aimed at meeting the needs of people involved in institutional fundraising
- develop systematic training with emphasis on prospect tracking and management
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years prospect management or research experience
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- ability to analyze information and data to formulate strategies for the area and to assist others within the division as prospect plans and strategies are created
- ability to take in information on a variety of levels, synthesize and provide problem-solving, idea creation and overall strategy guidance
- ability to manage multiple projects and processes concurrently
- ability to provide oversight and guidance to staff on projects
- ability to prioritize and meet deadlines on projects
- must possess a strong working knowledge of donor data, ability to understand and work within a CRM system
- ability to think analytically to create financial and market reports for distribution to internal and external donors
- must possess strong verbal and written communication skills plus strong collaboration and organizational skills
- ability to work with a variety of audiences
- must possess a strong skill set in computer, phone, and other technical equipment.
Preferred qualifications: master’s degree.
To ensure consideration, application must be submitted by September 14, 2018. Interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers of three professional references on Xavier University’s website. Interested candidates apply online by CLICKING HERE.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER