The Bethesda Foundation is seeking qualified candidates for a Development Officer concentrating in Event & Communications. This position reports to the Director of Development of the Bethesda Foundation and provides support to Foundation communication and donor engagement strategies.
The Bethesda Foundation connects people with their desire to improve the quality of life for patients and families by giving our givers the resources they need to provide best in class care. Bethesda Foundation proudly supports Bethesda Hospitals, Hospice of Cincinnati and Fernside.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to ensure successful execution of Bethesda Foundation signature events: Bethesda Lyceum, Fernside Classic, Gourmet Melodies, Celebration of Angels and third-party fundraisers, that generate net revenue of approximately $1,000,000.
- Facilitate and support event committees, including cultivation and recruitment of committee members.
- Participate and support in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of event sponsors.
Additional Duties may include:
- Work with Foundation team to support strategic initiatives of Engagement, Annual Giving (annual campaigns, auxiliary and events) and Stewardship by developing web, electronic media and print collateral to meet shared strategic goals.
- Work within donor database for event management; including logistics & expense management
- Manage the solicitation of event in-kind donations and coordination of all auction items.
- Manage event related expenses, including vendor negotiation.
- Provide leadership to other Foundation events, including recognition and cultivation events.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Will possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates superior electronic media, written and verbal communication skills, experience with graphic design, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and professionalism in their desire to excel in a not-for-profit environment.
Salary Range: $44,000 – $55,000
All interested candidates should apply by June 30th, 2021. Please send your resume and salary requirements to Diane Perlaki, Executive Assistant for the Bethesda Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 513-865-1608.