The Cincinnati Art Museum has an opening for a full-time position in the Development Department leading the museum’s corporate fundraising and sponsorship programs.
This position plans and manages the Art Museum’s development efforts relating to corporate sponsorship/membership programs. The position manages corporate support for the Art Museum by maintaining existing corporate partners; attracting and cultivating new business relationships; handling prospect research; writing appeal letters/proposals to corporations; conducting solicitations; and serving as a primary contact to the Art Museum’s Corporate Committee.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
- Plan and implement a comprehensive annual strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate supporter for opportunities that include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibition sponsorships
- Special event sponsorships
- Program related sponsorships
- Corporate memberships
- Prepare budget, develop goals, approaches, follow-up activities and monitor progress through reports.
- Research and target corporate prospects, as well as make calls on corporate members for renewals and upgrades.
- Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of materials related to responsibilities and to the fulfillment of benefits.
- Lead the identification, cultivation and solicitation of sponsorships for exhibitions and other Art Museum programs.
- Handle special requests, suggestions and complaints made by corporate partners.
- Attend Development Events as needed.
- Conduct a minimum of 100 in person visits with current and potential corporate donors per year.
- Enter timely and accurate contact reports for all donor visits and maintain up to date information in Altru, the museum’s donor database.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
A four-year college degree minimum and three years of experience and/or training in the field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least one year of experience in Fundraising/Development or Sales/Marketing. Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and a good working knowledge of database, word processing, and other relevant computer programs; a familiarity with regional corporate community; and the ability to write accurate and persuasive communications.
The ideal candidate will possess a professional and friendly demeanor at all times while representing the museum and be willing to work well in a team environment. Candidate must be willing to work evening and weekends as needed.
To apply, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=cincyart&jobId=146065&lang=en_US&source=CC3