To ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
No one can, or should, face cancer alone. Cancer Support Community Greater Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky is a relentless ally for anyone who strives to manage the realities of this disruptive disease. We are dedicated While we have witnessed many significant advances in treating this devastating disease, nothing takes the place of the power, inspiration, companionship, and connection that comes from community. CSC is here to provide relevant and highly personalized support when and where it is needed most. Visit mycancersupportcommunity.org for more information.
Overview & Job Description:
The Development and Marketing Coordinator works to execute the fundraising and communications goals of the organization. This position assists the VP of Development with a variety of development and marketing efforts, including assisting in developing fundraising plans, maintaining donor relationships and securing new ones, organizing and implementing events, executing initiatives and appeals, and communicating CSC’s mission and impact.
Reports To: VP of Development; Hours: Full-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an individual who is inspired by the impact of CSC and is driven to deliver highly professional work. This position will be working with a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment, and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal direction, and successfully meet project goals and deadlines
- Ability to understand and anticipate next steps in complex processes.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to balance demands of multiple client projects at the same time, while still reaching internal and external deadlines and goals.
- A willingness to accept feedback and a desire to learn and improve continuously.
- Knowledge of and experience in the non-profit sector, with an emphasis on experience in development and marketing.
- Provide planning and execution support for donor stewardship, special events, campaigns, third party events, outreach opportunities
- Help communicate CSC’s brand and initiatives efficiently and accurately via many channels (website, printed materials, social media, etc.)
- Develop and implement content for website, program materials, social media
- Design and publish basic marketing pieces to help program areas increase registrations and to refine CSC’s brand (including the Annual Report, Program Brochures, etc.)
- Develop and execute communications plan for CSC
- Responsible for duties assigned by ED and VPD
Requirements and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to analyze the effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts (Analytics, SEO, Best Practices)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Multi-task efficiently while managing various projects
- Exceptional writing and professional communication skills; ability to adapt writing style depending on audience needs.
- Desire to work in a team environment to achieve objectives and effectively anticipate client and donor expectations.
- Strong critical thinking, quantitative analysis and research skills.
- Desired computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office and content creation programs/apps), experience managing a donor database preferred.
$40,000-$50,000 annual salary to commensurate with experience, generous paid time off and holiday schedule, and more.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or mail to: Cancer Support Community, 4918 Cooper Road Cincinnati, OH 45242.
Cancer Support Community Greater Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply.