Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra mission: We create intimate, transformative experiences that connect the musically curious.
Overview: The Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra (CCO) seeks a seasoned, motivated, part-time Development Manager to serve as a critical team member. The Development Manager will be responsible for setting and managing the overall development strategy for the CCO.
Reports to: General Manager
Type of Position: Exempt, salaried
Hours: Full-time, 5 days per week, M-F with some weekends for performances or events. Time demands are especially heavy during our Summermusik festival, which will be from August 4-28 in 2018.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Please send salary requirements with your application. This position receives Paid Time Off and Holiday pay.
- Build and implement annual development plan, as part of full CCO patron advancement plan (marketing and development)
- Manage fundraising for the CCO, including annual fund campaigns, individual giving, Board cultivation, corporate sponsorships, program book advertisement program, special events and new donor development
- Work collaboratively with the Music Director, General Manager and Board of Trustees in identifying and courting major gifts
- Develop and manage planned giving program
- Grow CCO endowment
- Develop and manage fundraising materials, websites, etc.
- Manage database building, regular cleaning and maintenance with assistance of General Manager
- Coordinate, track and distribute sponsor and donor benefits
- Plan, manage and ensure financial success of all special events
- Complete regular reports for donation tracking
- Prepare and send all gift acknowledgements accurately and promptly
- Plan, draft and send regular donor newsletter
- Work closely with the Business and Grants Manager assisting as needed with grant applications and final reports. Assist BGM with identification of new grant opportunities on an ongoing basis, proactively seeking out new grants together. Approve all grant applications and final reports (with the General Manager) before being submitted
- Manage program book advertisement research and solicitation process
- Manage reception partner research and solicitation process. Oversee management of partners at events
- Attend and report on development at all Board and Development Committee meetings
- Organizational Planning and Administrative
- Participate in short/long-range planning and strategic planning as needed
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Other duties as requested by the General Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in not-for-profit development
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter who can work independently and make critical decisions
- Courteous with impeccable manners, including phone and email etiquette
- Attention to detail
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings/functions as required
- Bachelor’s Degree, focus in Arts Administration
- 5 years experience in not-for-profit development
- Database software experience, such as ly
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Passion for music and/or previous experience with a performing arts organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references to LeAnne Anklan, General Manager, at email@example.com by Monday, November 27.
About the Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra: The CCO is an independent ensemble of 32 professional musicians that celebrated its 40th anniversary season in 2014 and launched the critically acclaimed summer music festival Summermusik in August, 2015. The CCO offers a vibrant and fresh musical experience in an intimate and informal setting, for both the seasoned and novice concert patron. The CCO’s size allows for flexibility and creativity in programming, the ideal ensemble for presenting orchestral works ranging from the Baroque and Classical eras to commissioned works by contemporary composers. Collaborations have become a hallmark of the CCO, including ongoing partnerships with VAE: Cincinnati’s Vocal Arts Ensemble and Madcap Puppets. More information at www.ccocincinnati.org.
Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job related disability, or marital status.