Position: Development Manager | Reports to: Executive Director
Total Employees: 14 | Direct Reports: 0
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000 results and experience-dependent (see end of posting for benefit listing)
Location: Over-the-Rhine in the St. Anthony Center
Status: Full-time exempt
About St. Francis Seraph Ministries
A plea from Archbishop Purcell to the Franciscans of St. Leopold Province in Austria led to the formation of the
Franciscan Friars in 1854 located in Over-the-Rhine. During the 1980’s, the Friars with support from the parishioners of St. Francis Seraph Church sponsored a soup kitchen (known today as Mother Teresa of Calcutta Dining Room) and The Sarah Center, an empowerment center for women seeking educational and spiritual nourishment. In 2011, St. Francis Seraph Ministries (SFSM) was established as a separate nonprofit organization governed by a board of directors. Today, SFSM continues to serve individuals who are homeless and low income, nourishing and nurturing all those in need through several programs. Visit https://www.sfsministries.org for more information.
The development manager identifies and applies for grant opportunities that will provide funding to the organization. In close collaboration with the executive director, this position will play a vital role with the organization’s sustainability goals in terms of grant revenue, expanded donor base, and data integrity. This individual will perform in a way that is aligned with the mission, vision, and core values of SFSM.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Grant Writing
- Design, develop, and implement a successful grant-seeking program
- Proactively seek grant opportunities and complete applications and outcome reports
- Create a tracking template and calendar to monitor deadlines and keep the program organized
- Conduct research to identify potential funders
- Maintain relationships with foundations, corporations, agencies, and other organizations that offer funding opportunities
- Assist with the development and implementation of the annual appeal, summer appeal, and additional mailings
- Utilize social media platforms to expand the donor base
- Establish and oversee a system for thanking donors that enhances the SFSM-donor relationship and ensures timely responses
- Manage the development of communications and marketing materials
- Edit written materials prepared by staff prior to the release or publication of these materials, specifically in relation to content, tone, form, and accuracy
- Database Management
- Collaborate with the appropriate SFSM staff for all tasks related to Salesforce (agency’s CRM) such as data entry, report generation (analytical and other), donor cultivation notes, fund reports, and any other tasks
- Maintain the donor database, entering and tracking donor information on a timely basis and ensuring data integrity
- Any other duties as assigned, including attendance at staff meetings and events
Qualifications & Expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least three years of successful experience in nonprofit grant writing and fundraising
- Strong relationship-building skills with funders, especially foundations and corporations
- Excellent written communication – effectively communicate the organization’s mission, programs, goals, and outcomes to funders
- Prioritization – able to determine priority and understand sometimes tight deadlines
- Confidentiality – this is the bedrock for SFSM in terms of client/guest and donor information
- Lifelong learner – appreciate professional development and is open to new ideas
- CRM (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office suite of products – knowledge of and ability to learn more
- Experience in e-marketing and social media – skilled in promoting nonprofit organizations and recruiting donors online
- Goal-setting – understand the process and with whom to collaborate
- Passion for the mission, vision, and values of St. Francis Seraph Ministries
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- Health and dental insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Timeline & Resume Submittal Process
Recruitment: December 5, 2022 – December 30, 2022.
Phase I (screening interview with consultant via Zoom): December 5, 2022 – January 3, 2023. Phase II (interview with the consultant and executive director): January 11, 2023.
Phase III (interview with the staff, executive director, and development committee): January 16, 2023.
Offer letter: Week of January 16, 2023.
Reference/background checks: Week of January 16, 2023.
On-board: February 2023.
St. Francis Seraph Ministries reserves the right to adjust the timeline and the process at any time.
Cover letter and resume submission instructions – all candidates’ interest and submission will be held in confidence. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to: Anne M. Maxfield at email@example.com, who is assisting St. Francis Seraph Ministries with this search. All candidates’ cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Anne. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication. Thank you for your interest in St. Francis Seraph Ministries and driving their purpose.