Women Writing for (a) Change® provides a safe and non-competitive environment for adults and youth to develop their writing skills, cultivate their creativity, and strengthen their voices. The Development Manager will work as an integral part of this small team, to communicate and gain financial support for the transformative benefits of writing together in community.
Reports to Executive Director Hours: 20 – Flexible schedule and some work-at-home days negotiable Benefits: Paid Vacation; pro rata Holiday Pay Location: 6906 Plainfield Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45236
Experience/Qualifications Needed: Bachelors Degree or higher 3-5 years experience in a fundraising environment Excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills Excellent attention to detail Knowledge of grant writing Experience using and reporting from fundraising and CRM platforms. (Donor Perfect and Insightly currently in use) Proficiency in Word, Excel, and/or Google Docs and Sheets Event planning/oversight capabilities
- Annual Appeal, Individual Giving—including mail, email, online fundraising, special gifts.
- Develop solicitation materials in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Grant writing Fundraising event(s) in conjunction with volunteer committee; other special events.
- Donor cultivation, stewardship and recognition.
- Friend-raising and relationship building.
- Work with Board Fund Development Committee.
- Oversee gift processing and acknowledgement per IRS regulations and requirements.
- Develop increased focus on major and planned gifts.
- Understand, support and communicate the Vision, Mission and Values of Women Writing for (a) Change.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Some evening and weekend event-related duties and/or meetings.
Apply to Lisa Rocklin, Executive Director, email@example.com.
Applications accepted through July 29, 2022