At Keep Cincinnati Beautiful, our mission is to empower all Cincinnatians to build community and create a positive future through neighborhood revitalization, education, and mobilization. We are seeking a Development Manager to join our forward-thinking, collaborative team during this season of growth and opportunity. This role entails working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees to ensure that KCB has the resources to achieve its strategic goals and fulfill its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to create and execute a resource development plan to achieve short-term financial objectives and facilitate long-term growth.
- Refine the case for support and promote distribution of key messages to increase brand awareness and inspire engagement.
- Promote and project manage KCB events, collaborating with staff, Development Committee, vendors, and community partners to ensure achievement of key success metrics.
- Provide fundraising leadership, managing an individual portfolio of approximately 50-100 donors and organizations.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board Development Committee to launch a major gifts strategy.
- Ensure integrity of donor database and accuracy of donor records, providing regular reports for the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Programs team to advance donor acquisition through volunteerism strategy.
- Ensure excellent donor stewardship and communicate impact regularly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working directly with a volunteer Board of Trustees.
- Personal commitment to compassion and equity; comfort interacting with people from all walks of life.
- Successful donor cultivation and solicitation experience and understanding of the principles of philanthropic strategy and campaign planning.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Grant writing experience a plus.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage deadlines.
- Appreciation and respect for the confidentiality of highly personal information.
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
- Respectful – We take great pride in our team, therefore start with a foundation of trust and respect.
- Problem Solver – We anticipate problems, seek new solutions, and always do our best.
- Community Minded – We take great pride in our work and community.
- Mindful – Practice warmth and genuine connection with others.
- Relentless – We love life and work and know our purpose in it.
- Team Player – We step up and ask, “How can I help?”
- Clear Communications – We value open and honest communication as a means of creating efficiency, understanding and progress.
- Reliable – We hold ourselves and others to high standards and are serious about our culture.
- Inclusive – We celebrate diversity and welcome inclusivity to foster belonging.
- Trustworthy – We say what we mean and do what we say.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, and/or CFRE credential.
- Three or more years of experience in Development. Experience developing successful philanthropic partnerships with individuals, foundations and corporations preferred.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements as a pdf to email@example.com
Salary Range: $55,000-$63,000
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful is a not for profit corporation whose mission is to educate and encourage individuals to take greater responsibility for their community environments.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.