The Development Manager is responsible for supporting and assisting the Executive Director with relationship development through donor cultivation and solicitation, special events, grants and community outreach.
- Supports the ED with the strategy and coordination of all special appeals, campaigns, development goals and donor recognition.
- Work with the ED to manage relationships with donors to maximize revenue and engage volunteers
- Manage all donor records in Salesforce including generate thank you letters and researching donor activity
- Conduct full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals and reports
- Assist with planning, organization and success of special fundraising events
- Serves as staff liaison to the Young Professionals Board
- Represent Boys Hope Girls Hope professionally at community activities to cultivate donor and volunteer relationships
- Other duties as assigned to further the success and mission of Boys Hope Girls Hope
Desired Backgrounds/Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree with three to five years’ of development experience preferred
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized, and possess an ability to work well under deadlines
- Excellent personal interaction and communication skills to work with diverse populations including integrity, credibility, ethics, and passion
- Natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building rapport among donors and potential donors
- Qualities of a team player who is self-directed, professional, creative, and enjoys working in a mission-based institution
- Excellent oral communication, writing, analytical, and research skills are essential
- Results and process oriented, able to manage multiple donor relationships, events and campaign timelines.
- Ability to understand and process sensitive and confidential documentation
- Able to work flexible hours when required, occasionally including weekends and evenings
- Must possess good decision making skills and ability to manage time with little supervision
- Must produce quality, error-free work and take initiative to complete projects as needed or assigned
- Experience with all Microsoft Office & SalesForce
CLICK HERE to apply.