Job title: Development Director – YMCA Camp Ernst
Organization: YMCA of Greater Cincinnati
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Under the direction of the Executive Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Alumni & Development Director is responsible for development and execution of Camp Ernst’s continued philanthropic growth through expanded alumni engagement, donor cultivation, annual gifts and events. Will work to improve community relationships in the areas of fundraising, camper enrollment, board development, alumni development and marketing of all programs offered at Camp Ernst.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cultivate, develop and maintain relationships for all philanthropic aspects of Camp Ernst.
- Raise double your annual salary of new donations in first year; 4x your annual salary in year 2. Maintain aggressive and continued growth until a minimum of 12% of branch revenue is from annual support and then maintain.
- Develop and oversee external communications and outreach strategy in collaboration with association communications/marketing department guidelines. Act as a spokesperson telling our story to the community through positive media relations and professional public image.
- Under the guidelines of the association marketing department, develop and oversee implementation of branch strategic marketing plan including, but not limited to, marketing materials, advertisements, write and distribute press releases and media announcements, and quarterly newsletter.
- Actively seek opportunities to deliver presentations at various community and civic events.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and association Major Gifts staff to identify, research, cultivate, solicit and steward potential major and planned gift prospects, and endowment opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding potential and active volunteers for fundraising and board development.
- Develop and maintain contacts in the community with political leaders, business and civic leaders in order to solicit their interest and support.
- Maintain relationship with YMCA of Greater Cincinnati branches to promote camp programs.
- Work with association office to organize and conduct all annual giving, capital and endowment efforts. Ensure all Camp Ernst events deliver maximum impact and achieve impact goals, for both attendance and financial benchmarks.
- Responsible for creating a relationship with Camp’s Board of Directors to keep them informed and connected.
- Continuously grow and cultivate Camp Ernst alumni, campers and camp family networks for potential donors, volunteers, future and continued participants, and advocates for Camp programs.
- Promote the YMCA mission, vision and character development program.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- College degree required or equivalent experience in area of philanthropy.
- Proven ability to recognize and communicate, verbally and written, with sensitivity to influence others.
- Demonstrated success in community and volunteer relationships.
- Demonstrates understanding of YMCA values.
- Proven ability to organize and develop marketing and fundraising strategies.
- Five years of experience volunteer service, marketing, fundraising or related occupation.
- Knowledge of latest marketing and communications technologies, including standard office software, web-based applications, and social media.
Interested candidates please apply on-line: http://www.myy.org/work-at-the-y?gnk=apply&gni=8a7885a85f1400d2015f2ba6554027e7&gns=Other a