About Ken Anderson Alliance
Ken Anderson Alliance (“KAA”) is a nonprofit based in Cincinnati. We create live, work, play opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities, including integrated community-based, supportive housing, real paid employment, and small group social experiences in the community. We are on an aggressive growth plan. Our PLAY program launched November 2017 and serves 165 adults with 21 outings per month. Our WORK program will employ 10-15 individuals by year-end in jobs that pay minimum wage or better. Our Strategic Plan calls for us to open our LIVE residential neighborhood in mid-2022.
The Development Director position is responsible for planning, directing, and managing a comprehensive development program to raise $300-500,000 annually, or about half the budget needed to fund our program services and operational capacity. The position also will have a key role in a capital campaign, in collaboration with a campaign chairperson, that will raise more than $10 million to build our LIVE, WORK, PLAY community. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Translate current and emerging organizational priorities into achievable fundraising targets, develop plans of action, and lead the execution of those plans for donor development, annual giving, and a capital campaign of $10 million+.
- Serve on the Finance Committee to inform and guide the board of directors.
- Manage internal and external resources for grant-writing and development administration.
- Maintain the integrity of the Salesforce database and produce fundraising, donor analytic, and other reports as required by the board of directors.
- A passion for and commitment to the mission and values of the organization; experience working with adults with disabilities and/or disability service organizations a plus.
- Minimum experience of 8 years in development for a nonprofit, including a proven track record of major gifts, annual fund campaigns, donor engagement and cultivation, and capital campaign execution ($1 million+) in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and coordinate community and civic groups, businesses and individuals to work together to benefit Ken Anderson Alliance and its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed, including evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Comfortable working in a small team atmosphere.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive with similar positions in Cincinnati and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: An interested applicant should submit a resume and cover letter explaining the relevance of her/his background to our mission and to the qualifications/requirements of the position to: Mark Olson, Executive Director, email@example.com.