Purpose: The Development Director will serve as a key member of the ArtWorks Development Team. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key donors, engaging with and showing appreciation toward all of ArtWorks many contributors, and converting new donors (both Individual & Corporate) to support ArtWorks mission.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execute strategies that lead to the achievement of departmental revenue goals
- Lead the management of annual giving campaigns
- Manage and oversee the donor thank you program
- Cultivate relationships with existing donors and identify and grow prospective donor relationships
- Develop strategy to target key prospects to support organizational initiatives
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications & characteristics:
- Proven track record of closing business and generating revenue from individual donors and/or corporate partners
- A Driven self-starter with ability to work without direction or prompting
- Comfortable with meeting revenue goals set by manager
- Capable of creatively positioning opportunities to new prospects
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working with trustees, volunteers, individuals and staff
- Possess excellent written, verbal, telephone and presentation skills
- Relationships within the Cincinnati business community
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience at a non-profit.
- Emphasis on experience working in donor relations, donor stewardship, event planning and sponsorship sales.
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills focused on planning, implementation and collaboration.
- Experience using CRM software. Salesforce training a plus.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for Cincinnati and the arts.
- Be an excellent representative of ArtWorks
- Be a team-player, hard-working and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines.
- Be flexible, optimistic, able to receive and provide constructive feedback, and possess a good sense of humor
- Adhere to the utmost ethical standards
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements by February 16, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about ArtWorks, visit www.artworkscincinnati.org