Cincinnati Youth Collaborative (CYC), a United Way Agency Partner, has been committed to increasing Greater Cincinnati high school graduation rates for over 30 years by collaborating with schools, businesses, and volunteers throughout the community. Since its founding, CYC has served more than 200,000 students by placing positive adult advocates in their lives. Working directly with local school districts, CYC offers workforce development, college and career success, and mentoring services to students. Mentoring platforms are tailored to the needs of individuals, groups, and businesses. Over the past five years, an average of 94% of CYC senior students have graduated on time from high school.
CYC currently is looking for someone to join the leadership team as Director of Development. The Director provides strategic direction and leadership to the organization’s development function, as well as leading marketing and the information technology activities. The Director is responsible for building the organization’s visibility, impact and financial resources and has primary responsibility for solicitation of major gifts, community and private grants, special events and corporate and foundation support. The Director manages a team of professionals who join them in working towards a fund development
strategy to fully fund the organization and it’s initiatives.
Major responsibilities of the position include:
- Define and implement a comprehensive development effort to ensure a strategic fundraising plan to support the organization’s annual budget, future capacity needs and growth of operating reserves. This includes overseeing all development activities as well as managing day-to-day operations of the development team.
- Identify, secure, manage and report on external funding opportunities, both private and public.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at attracting, retaining and increasing donors and cultivating deeper relationships with supporters.
- In close relationship with the President & CEO and the Board of Directors and other senior managers, execute special campaigns for the organization.
- Develop and manage all annual giving including special events, print and online giving solicitations.
- Support planning and implementation of major CYC fund-raising special events.
- Create, implement and measure comprehensive marketing communications and public relations program to enhance the image and position of the organization.
- Oversee the IT strategy for the organization.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in communications, public relations, fundraising or related fields and a minimum of 7 years of experience in raising significant amounts of money through major gifts, annual giving, innovative partnerships, corporations and foundations. Experience managing a team is expected as is the ability to develop budgets and financial plans. Successful candidates will also have an understanding of the strategy of fundraising and the various ways in which it can be carried out, strong leadership and management skills and excellent skills at
relationship development and management. The role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong ability to develop relationships with others. Financial acumen with an attention to detail, strong presentation skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels of the organization are important elements of the role.
By connecting students with resources and tools for success, CYC continually proves that preparation and opportunity make all the difference in creating bright futures. CYC’s 3 E’s – Enrolled, Employed, and Enlisted – are the key career pathways for our youth because we know that success does not end after a high school diploma. Join our team and be part of this exciting and rewarding activity.
Apply for the position at https://www.cycyouth.org/employment-opportunities/