Job Title: Development Director – THIS IS A NEW POSITION
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Norwood, Cincinnati
Classification: Exempt (FT)
Supervises: Two direct reports
Do you believe all people have ability and value and should be treated with dignity and respect?
Do you want to be part of an organization that believes in the transformational power of work?
Do you want to join a team that truly cares about each other and every client they serve?
Do you want the opportunity to be at the leadership level with opportunities for continued growth and development?
If you answered yes to those questions, Dress for Success Cincinnati could be a great place for you!
Dress for Success Cincinnati (DFSC) has a mission to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and development tools to help them thrive in work and in life.
We are looking for candidates who want to help women dream and reach their potential. We want candidates who want to work for an organization that demonstrates compassion and kind accountability, and where diversity is valued and inclusion is a priority in an equitable environment both for employees and clients.
The Development Director plays a key role in the advancement of DFSC’s important mission and purpose. As the Development Director, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of philanthropic strategies, aligned with DFSC’s strategic plan, to raise funds for an organization cost-effectively and time-efficiently. This includes overseeing, managing, and executing fundraising efforts, building strong and successful relationships, maintaining communications with donors, and collaborating with staff and volunteers to effectively execute fundraising events.
Essential Job Responsibilities
In this role, you will be accountable for how well you perform against specific metrics, and your ability to:
- Work closely and effectively with the executive team, of which you will be a member, the board of directors, and committees to identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop and execute strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Create a departmental vision, build and implement the plan, and measure and report the outcomes
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospective donors and move them through the identification, cultivation, close-the-gift, and stewardship process
- Determine who on the DFSC team would be beneficial to attend meetings with donors and prospective donors and coach them on their role
- Lead staff and volunteers on the planning, management, and execution of fundraising events, including The Fashion Show, and donor appreciation events
- Partner with the executive director to secure corporate sponsorships
- Develop grant strategy and supervise execution thereof
- Partner with marketing committee to develop marketing strategy and supervise execution thereof
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of two, including Marketing & Communications Specialist and contract grant writer
- Be a fearless and consistent advocate of equity, inclusion, and diversity at all levels of the organization
- The skills and experiences you need to help you be successful as a development director include:
- Ability to think strategically, set challenging and appropriate goals, be proactive, and take ownership of getting outcomes
- Demonstrated fundraising success
- Grant writing experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship skills across diverse groups, organizations, and individuals
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of five years of relevant experience
At Dress for Success Cincinnati, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a place you can be proud to work!
To apply for this position please complete follow this link to an application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerxVCITx2SMX3dIG3D9GRfIZH9G1phpKVaSwKdPspo-qzHNA/viewform. We will follow up with you within two business days.
Dress for Success is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.