ABOUT 55 North:
Located in Cincinnati, 55 North is a community-based nonprofit with a celebrated history of providing quality lifestyle programs, services and resources for adults 55 years and older. Our mission is to empower adults 55 and older to be independent, active, healthy, engaged and connected. Our vision is that all adults are supported, connected and respected in their community. Core services include: transportation, meals, social support services, health and wellness activities.
55 North seeks a proven, full-time Development Director to lead our fundraising initiatives and oversee our donor relations program. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and innovative team of staff, board and volunteers as we work together to continue our established momentum and fuel the future growth of 55 North. The successful candidate will be accountable for the effective planning, implementation and evaluation of 55 North’s fundraising strategies and special events. The person in this position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining interpersonal working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to build our development portfolio and grow the impact of 55 North. As a member of our leadership team, our ideal candidate will possess the ability to overcome obstacles without delay, be a problem solver and lead with energy and enthusiasm. We are looking for an agile leader possessing culture-building skills to help guide and influence organizational growth. If you are an experienced non-profit fundraising and development professional and have a passion for enhancing the lives of older adults and creating strong community engagement, we invite you to apply.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate and work effectively with the Development Committee, the Board of Trustees and other volunteers to reach annual and long-range fundraising goals for annual operating and endowment priorities.
- Create, implement and oversee strategies and events to raise funds from individual and institutional prospects and donors to support the priorities of 55 North.
- Initiate and work with the CEO to set annual campaign goals, including building, maintaining, and soliciting an active portfolio of donors and determining target constituencies throughout the greater community for fundraising.
- Design and coordinate stewardship plans for major donors by maintaining personal contact and ensuring that donors (corporate and individual) are appropriately acknowledged, engaged, and recognized, including but not limited to personalized mailings, phone calls, and recognition events.
- Work with the CEO to develop and manage the budget for contributed income.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and support staff required for special projects or events to raise funds.
- Oversee all fundraising and donor awareness events, including the entire donor engagement process while tracking progress.
- Identify, negotiate and administer reliable cost-effective resources, contractors and suppliers in conjunction with fundraising projects.
- Identify, establish, and maintain corporate relationships and sponsorships for fundraising events and special projects.
- Manage grant-writer’s activity including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
- Analyze development and fundraising trends and make appropriate recommendations to assure continued financial stability of the agency. Oversee and assist with annual reporting requirements.
- Partner with Communications Consultant to prepare written materials including correspondence, solicitation materials, briefing materials, acknowledgements, Annual Impact Report, marketing materials for special events, publicity and fundraising projects to promote and enhance our organization’s brand.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned or as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of seven years of practical development experience
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Skilled in Word, Excel and fundraising CRM
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Record of success in planning and organizing events and soliciting major gifts
- Experience in Planned Giving a plus
- Experience in working with foundations and grant writing skills
- The desire to challenge yourself and strive to higher levels of achievement
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
55 North is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.