Primary Staff Member responsible for all fund raising efforts, alumni outreach, and event planning.
We hire for attitude and train to task. Employee culture and satisfaction is key. This position can be an entry level full time position for the person with the right attitude and skills or a part time position for someone with the experience and skills to perform these functions as a part time employee.
Responsible for creating a culture of giving within our alumni base and within the death care profession et al. This is a new position so the ideal candidate will be working directly with the President to establish the position description and duties for this primary staff position. Publishes monthly newsletter, public relations articles, conducts donor outreach, searches for and writes grants, and plans/executes fund raising events, and other duties as assigned. Works directly for the Special Assistant to the President.
The Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science (CCMS) is the oldest mortuary college in the United States, established in 1882 and is located on West North Bend Road directly across from St Xavier High School, in Finneytown (Cincinnati), Ohio. CCMS is a small, non-profit, privately owned, mortuary college authorized to confer Bachelor of Mortuary Science and Associates of Applied Science degrees to individuals who are seeking licensure as a Funeral Director and/or Embalmer in the United States. The college is professionally accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE) and regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The college graduates approximately 100 students per year. We are a small team of 10 full time employees.
The college is predominately supported by tuition and has just launched a fund-raising effort among alumni to support the addition of a new building that will house the Educational Cremation Center.
- Plan and conduct fund raising events
- Search for grants and write grant proposals
- Publish the monthly newsletter
- Conduct outreach events
- Publish Press Releases
- Conduct fund raising via direct mail, phone, online and in-person
- Build and maintain data base
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A positive attitude, friendly, and customer service personality
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Event coordination experience preferred
- Professional fundraising experience preferred
- Flexibility to shift priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft office suite, mail chimp, and other database outreach programs is desirable
- Valid driver’s license and background check required
- Strong organizational skills
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits are included with the basic salary package; medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 402 B retirement plan. Performance incentives based on generated fund raising will be considered.
Send your resume direct to Mr. Lechner at firstname.lastname@example.org