Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori school is seeking a full-time development director to join our dynamic and vibrant school community. The development director is part of the administrative team of GSCM and works with the principal, marketing director and finance director in advancing the mission and operation of GSCM. The development director’s main responsibilities center around fundraising events/opportunities, community engagement and alumni relations. The development director investigates development opportunities suitable for GSCM by researching feasibility as well as planning and implementing strategies to achieve objectives established by the board of directors. The development director also works in conjunction with the principal and marketing director for admissions and marketing advancement of the school. GSCM offers a strong environment of Catholic identity to help children and families develop a profound, joyful relationship with God. Applicants should be able to support a vibrant Catholic environment while working to implement development opportunities for continued advancement of the school. Desired applicants should have a BA degree in development, business administration, or related field and 5+ years experience.
- Commitment to philosophy and mission of GSCM, including the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Personal values consistent with Catholic values
- Bachelor’s degree in development, business administration, communication or related field.
- Experience in development-related positions such as grant writing, special-event coordination, annual funds, capital campaigns, staff and volunteer supervision
- Understanding of the workings of a nonprofit organization in relation to development and marketing
- Excellent leadership, analytical, organizational, verbal, written, interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, strong self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills including: Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher; familiarity with database entry and reports
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Donor Cultivation
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Manage ongoing donor research, cultivation and major gift solicitations through a variety of strategies
- Supervise administration of donor database including constituent entry, gift entry, database maintenance, pledge reminders and thank you letters
- Ensure timely and accurate reports deliveries to donors and sponsors
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major gift donors and annual fund gifts of $1,000+
- Community Relations/Advancement
- Develop and implement a process to maintain contact with alumni
- Oversee the annual production of The Shepherd’s Voice magazine
- Oversee annual Christmas card design, production and mailing to database members
- Research, write, submit, track and steward grant proposals
- Work with the principal and marketing director in securing enrollment and managing admissions to GSCM (i.e., conduct school tours, attend open houses, actively promote GSCM in the greater community, etc.)Collaborate with principal, faculty/staff, PTO, and other volunteers to
- Major Fundraising Events
- Develop and oversee the school’s annual fundraising program including the following major events
- Annual Fund (September kick-off)
- Walkathon (October)
- Spring Gala (March)
- Collaborate with principal, PTO, and parent volunteers to develop themes, schedules, promotion, and implementation of these events.
- Secure annual sponsorships from area businesses
- When applicable work with the board, principal, and administrative team to execute and implement capital campaigns.
- Other Duties
- Communicate with the board of directors by working directly with the development liaison of the board
- Actively take part in appropriate school events
- Network with other schools and nonprofit agencies to promote the school’s mission and vision
Goal Setting, Communication and Evaluation:
- The director of development will meet with the administrative team yearly to set goals and directions for the year. A monthly report will be submitted to the board outlining fundraising status and other relevant development events.
- The director of development will meet with the principal yearly to assess and evaluate the development program and execution of the above duties.
The director of development is a full-time position at GSCM. Hours include time on and off campus throughout the school year. As part of the administrative team, the director of development works during the school year (7:45-3:30) and abbreviated summer hours.
Competitive salary based on previous experience and job performance. Health benefits available.
Interested candidates please email email@example.com