ABOUT FRIARS CLUB
Friars Club is a 158-year old non-profit social service organization dedicated to serving the special needs of Cincinnati’s at-risk children through organized sports, education, nutrition and fitness. Friars Club broke ground on a new facility in 2013, located next to Roger Bacon High School. Friars Club currently serves over 1000 kids per year.
As a new position within the organization, the Development Director will have the responsibility to design, develop, and implement a robust plan to connect people with charitable resources to Friars Club’s 158-year-old mission. Specifically, the Development Director’s role will include the ongoing donor development, and coordinating fundraising efforts that support the athletic, educational, and leadership programs of Friars Club.
As a member of the Friars Club team, the Development Director will demonstrate the core program values of Respect, Responsibility, Leadership, and Good Sportsmanship.
1) Develop and implement the Friars Club annual fundraising plan and process which includes identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors and contributors.
2) Secure, increase, and sustain financial and relational support with individuals, foundations, and corporations.
3) Develop and implement strategies and technologies that maintain the donor base, data gathering and tracking systems.
4) Oversee grant-seeking process, which includes staff and/or contractor, research, proposal writing, development, and reporting documentation.
5) Create, coordinate, and manage fundraising/donor appreciation events.
6) Develop publication and promotional materials to support fundraising and marketing activities. Oversee print, electronic, and social media communication.
7) Annually generate new revenue based on yearly growth needs.
8) Collaborate with the Executive Director to fulfill other Developmental activities pertinent to the successful growth and sustainability of Friars Club’s mission and values.
1) BA required
2) Minimum of four years in development, fundraising, and marketing experience.
3) Demonstrates excellent organizational, managerial, collaborative and written and oral communication skills.
4) Confident, positive, assertive, self-motivated personality and collaborative work skills with minimal supervision.
5) Excellent interpersonal and relational skills.
6) Knowledge of and resources for technologies, programs, and processes for data management.
7) Documentation of successful fundraising and marketing activities.
8) Demonstrates commitment to professional and ethical moral standards within a diverse workplace and community.
Interested applicants must email a confidential cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative from Friars Club will contact any desirable applicants to schedule an interview. Salary, complete job description, role responsibilities, and functions of the Friars Club will be discussed during the interview.
1/9 – 1/25: Review applications
1/28 – 2/1: First round of interviews
2/4 – 2/8: Second round of interviews
2/11 – 2/15: Background Checks
TBD: Hire and start date
*Friars Club has the right to adjust these dates as deemed necessary.