Job title: Development Coordinator
Organization: First Step Home
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Development Coordinator is a motivated and detail-oriented person who will manage the Department’s database administration and provide development and administrative support for major events and campaigns. Responsible for supporting the fundraising efforts of the agency by enhancing individual, foundation and corporate fundraising efforts. Assist in enlarging individual donor giving, foundation and grant giving, legacy giving, event organization and corporate donations for the agency. Good writer a must.
- Identify, qualify and assist in solicitation of donors and foundations through research, database technology and personal effort.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and managing our fundraising software database, familiarity a plus.
- Monitor and manage data base responses, including drafting and processing acknowledgement letters and other communications to donors.
- Track and report foundation proposals and reporting deadlines in a timely manner.
- Monitor foundation deadlines and track monthly proposal and report deadlines.
- Write assigned proposals with oversight from the Director of Development.
- Serve on Gala Committee and Development Committee.
- Work with Director of Development to ‘touch’ major donors based on a schedule of communications and implementation.
- Assist in solicitation and stewardship for planned giving campaign and corporate donors.
- Write sections of Annual Report and Summer Newsletter and see that deadlines are met for art, printing and mailing.
- Manage the production of solicitation materials and documents necessary for presentation, funding and publication and marketing. Ensure that documents are merged, printed, collated and mailed to constituents on schedule.
- Assist with special events, especially the virtual gala/TV show for June 2nd, 2022.
- Develop timely and accurate reporting to funding partners and foundations, working with Director of Development.
- Provide additional administrative support and writing for development efforts as needed.
- Coordinate the receipt and processing of donations and required thank you letters.
- Compile monthly Board update reports based on Donor Perfect data.
- Maintains pool of current and new individual donors for annual campaign, Giving Tuesday and other campaigns.
- Pursue training necessary for enhancing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, English, communications, marketing, journalism or related field – good writing skills.
- Experience in fundraising/development for a non-profit agency or sales position in for profit world.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect or other fundraising software.
- Willing to learn and become highly skilled in fundraising software for communications, support & reporting.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $52,000
Interested Candidates email firstname.lastname@example.org