Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio (PBPO) strengthens our community by engaging attorney volunteers to provide nonprofits with free legal services tailored to their business needs. More information about PBPO can be found at www.pbpohio.org.
PBPO is seeking a part-time Development Coordinator (approx. 25 hours/week) to oversee its fundraising and development activities, with a focus on corporate and grant funding.
- Establish and implement an annual plan for fundraising and development activities in conjunction with the Executive Director and Development Committee of the Board of Directors, and other staff as appropriate.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to foundations, private, and corporate sources.
- Establish and manage PBPO development calendar and manage grants matrix of potential funders for grant applications and reports.
- Perform prospect research to identify new revenue sources.
- Manage development efforts in Salesforce database, including inputting donor and gift information and prospects. Produce reports. Maintain accuracy of database via frequent updates.
- Draft donor contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Maintain and be the voice of PBPO on social media sites.
- Uphold a good working relationship with board, staff, donors, volunteers and community sources.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of PBPO’s team.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals with strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Word, Excel, and other computer programs related to duties, as well as social media proficiency; Proficiency in a CRM is preferred. Specific experience in Salesforce is a plus;
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies; and
- A professional, customer-focused, and responsive manner.
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
- Prior experience with data analytics preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, and 2 -5 years of relevant experience are required.
Salary range $22-25/hour DOE. Benefits include a 401(k) plan (with 4% match after 1 year), flexible schedule and some teleworking. Application Guidelines: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF file (file name:FirstName_LastName.pdf) in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate how you heard about this opportunity.
Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.